Natural Remedies for an infant cold

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thought that this would be the best place to ask this! Does anyone know any old time natural remedies to help with an infant cold? Mason, 4 months has a runny nose, congestion and coughs when he gets worked up! So far, I have been using the steam in the bathroom, nasal spray to loosen it up and suck it out, baby vicks rub on feet and chest? Anyone else have ideas to help ease this for him and to help it pass quickly? I also already have him on probiotics and have increased to 2X a day as directed - I could do 3X, but am a little nervous to do so? Any suggestions?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
September 29th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any suggestions but wanted to say good luck and hope he feels better soon

September 29th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just came across this today, maybe it will help you
Cold Sock Treatment

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 29th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you are doing everything you can for a four month old....Colds just have to run their course. HUGS...I'm sorry your peanut has a cold though. HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 29th, 2010, 05:44 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
vicks waterless vaporizer works really well!
September 29th, 2010, 06:36 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried elevating the head of his bed? If he is in a crib, put some towels or a thin pillow UNDER one end of the mattress. That way Mason's head and upper torso will be elevated a bit, and the yuckies will drain down his throat better rather than pooling in his head. This makes it easier to breathe while sleeping --> somewhat better sleep. The mattress only needs to be slightly elevated at one end for this to work. If he is sleeping in your bed, you can elevate your own mattress the same way, or use your shoulder as a baby elevator This also works for adults who have bad colds or pneumonia. Hope he feels better soon.

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

September 30th, 2010, 08:28 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I recommend badger winter salve over vicks
September 30th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome ... thanks for all the advice. He still have a runny nose, a week later, but it seems to get better. I have him sleeping in his rocker sleeper until he gets over the cold and that really seems to help him sleep at night. When he gets in bed with me, I use the sucker to help free him up a bit when he wakes up! I am ready for it to pass already!! Thanks again!

September 30th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS....my little one has the snots now...I think it's cause we've started our Bible Study back up and this year she is in the nursery...lots of germs...it's good for them to build up immunity to this but GRRR lol....I gotta go buy some more "little noses" saline...I liked it best for cleaning out the snot. Hope your wee one is better soon!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 30th, 2010, 12:09 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
the sock treatment works great BTW also you can just rub the badger balm on the bottom of his feet at bedtime and put wool socks on
October 1st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Cheryl .. I was doing that with the Vicks, but I will get some of that badger balm and do that and have it for future colds!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search