Do we have Rubella???

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2010, 08:17 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Or something else? DD started with a fever Thursday night, Friday in the afternoon she still had the fever and lethargy, no other symptoms. Then i saw two teeth coming in and wrote it off as teething and gave her some motrin. Saturday still not herself, not much of a fever, just a little warm and lethargic. Sunday no fever, but a rash, only on her torso and maybe a very little on her neck/face. It does not appear to bother her. It looks just like the Rubella pictures but is not on her arms or anything. The only other thing I can think of is a milk allergy. We never gave her milk, but she occassionally gets organic yogurt and every so often some organic cheese. Yesterday DH got some regular milk (not soy and not organic) and gave DD a couple spoonfuls of cereal out of his bowl, very tiny amount, and i put it in her pancake batter which she ate very little. So is it a milk allergy or Rubella or something else? I do not think it is contact dermatitis, she was wearing all day yesterday organic cotton pjs in the same detergent we always use.

We have taken DD to the dr 3 times for mysterious rashes or skin things and each time she says "babies get rashes" and sends us on our way, because no time did it appear to bother Zoe. Two were related to bug/spider bites and the third time was hives which she thought was due to a virus. We have to pay out of pocket to see the dr so i really do not want to take Zoe for her to say "babies get rashes". lol.

September 27th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The fever followed by no fever with rash present starting on torso sounds more like roseola than rubella. Rubella has fever present with the rash.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 27th, 2010, 12:30 PM
yes! that sounds more like it! exactly. not sure why that did not come up in my research, lol. it sounds more likely as well.

September 27th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Martha! My son had a high fever for about 4 days and was lethargic and when the fever broke the rash presented (mostly on his tummy and upper thighs) and it was indeed roseola! My son got it at 15m, which is common. Sounds like your DD's age based on your siggy!

Last edited by crazytown; September 27th, 2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: adding
September 27th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad we were able to help!!!

All four of my kids have had it

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 27th, 2010, 05:48 PM
well, thinking it was Rubella, brought DH and I to do a lot of internet research and then question why to vax against it. It seems much less annoying to have than chicken pox!

I hope DD is better tomorrow, she was sooooooo cranky today that DH and I did not know what to do. I miss my DD! LOL.

Thanks ladies

September 27th, 2010, 06:37 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, when my DD had roseola she was SUPER cranky. Hope your LO feels better soon!

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

September 27th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it must just be uncomfortable and a nagging feeling or something...mine always seem a little off when they had it as well....HUGS

And yes...I agree....there are times when it's not "safe" to have Rubella (around a pregnant person, right? Or am I getting it mixed up...no I think that is right)....but it's a relatively "easy" disease...just gotta be careful around pregnant women...and only if THEY never had Rubella (or the vax supposedly)

September 28th, 2010, 05:11 AM
yes, Rubella is only dangerous for women, who do not have a vax or immunity, in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy.

September 30th, 2010, 08:50 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Cadie got roseola when she was 10 months old, the very week she started going to the gym playroom. She was miserable from the fever.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search