Do you...

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
do halloween? like the whole trick or treat thing? Dress up? Candy? What do you do for your family?

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 30th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes! Last year was our first year in a house so we were soooo excited to hand out candy LOL
I dressed as a pregnant witch and gave out candy while DH took DS out to a couple of houses to trick-or-treat.

September 30th, 2010, 09:35 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The last few years we've sat out in our driveway handing out candy. We live in a flat circle type subdivision, so all the kids that live on short streets come to subdivision. We also have a split level, so it is much easier to just sit outside then to have to constantly go up and down stairs to get the door. We make chili and hot dogs and sit around a fire pit, it is pretty nice.

I never dress up, but we will dress up Maddie this year. I'm not sure what as yet, we'll probably wait till the week before when they go on clearance!

September 30th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We started out doing it....but now I kind of wish we hadn't. I did it growing up...I dont mind...the kids have fun...I just think it's kind of ridiculous to do...We do have a "non scary" rule and we only go to family/friends or in a small circle of the neighborhood...the kids all get only a small amt of candy...and I'm ok with that....last year we went to a church festival where they did a candy thing as prizes for teh games they had...that was fun. The kids still dressed up

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 30th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Caleb is still only 9 months so I'm unsure what we'll do this year.. but in the future we will be trick or treating with him

September 30th, 2010, 02:56 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I love Halloween, it is my birthday We live on a dead end street in a rural area, so i doubt we will take DD out. We are going to a Halloween party. I did not give Zoe cake on her birthday, so she is definitely NOT getting candy, LOL.

September 30th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We get dressed up and try to find somewhere to trick or treat. When I had just my DD I took her to the mall but have vowed to never do it again, it was too crazy. One year we stayed home and last year we went to a local TACA event and had a nice time. The kids are always given TONS of candy from my MIL that truthfully I mainly wind up throwing out because 1) it's too much and 2) it's cheap nasty candy. I hope we can find something to do with them this year but sadly I haven't found anything.

September 30th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
We do. The girls love dressing up and going trick or treating. We honestly only go to 6-12 houses and its been really easy, simple and enjoyable so far.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 1st, 2010, 05:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that is about how many we go to

October 2nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We love Halloween! Each year my girls get a new costume, we do the Halloween parade at the mall (they get tons of candy with this!), and then we go trick-or-treating with my sister and her two boys (and sometimes some family friends too). It's a blast!!! At home, we don't pass out candy (because we're out trick-or-treating!), but I made Halloween cupcakes for the girls and other themed treats for them to enjoy.

My girls don't really get to eat their candy though. They can have a few things, but I send the majority of it to work with DH to leave in the break room for the other employees.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search