What do you say...

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
to those people? You know...the ones that you see eye to eye with in a lot of topics but NOT this one. For me it can be especially hard sometimes...I thank God that our bodies are able to fight off infectious diseases and that we can build immunity and I believe we will do what we need to do when the time comes....and that there are ways you can help prevent disease but that doesn't meant that it's with chemicals and poison....

However...THEY thank God he gave man the ability to create vaccines....

This is a hard debate....cause I feel a LOT (the majority) of pharmaceuticals are NOT inspired by God but in greed and other ideas....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
November 15th, 2010, 06:32 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have your specific issue, but I do have similar ones. I pretty much just avoid the conversation, I find it angers me and there is not much I can do to change others feelings.

I would have to agree though, that vaccine manufacturers are full of greed!

November 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I avoid the conversations where vaxing is being discussed. My SIL had a cousin who died last year from some type of meningitis and is SO pro-vaxing that she had her OB talk BIL into getting a flu shot (first time he's EVER had a flu shot).
November 16th, 2010, 02:09 PM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
I avoid the topic if I know it's going to spark a heated argument or discussion. For me I don't need to waste my breath defending a decision I've researched and looked into against a "my Dr. said so" reasoning. I'm not under any illusion that I am going to change these peoples outlook on things so I just don't go there. My decision works for us and that's all I worry about.

November 16th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just avoid the conversation completely.

I see eye to eye with my SIL about everything
(we both AP, ERF, EBF, Homebirth etc.) but she gets every vax (including the extras not on the schedule that you have to pay for!) and I once saw her chase down her *sick* son who was happily running around playing to give him more Tempra. It's hard because it's an elephant in the room if it ever comes up, so I'm grateful that it doesn't. We're both respectful, but we know we both think the other is crazy behind their back because of it LOL

I don't have any suggestions but I'm at peace with the way I'm raising my kids. For us, nutrition is a top priority. I don't feed my kids processed foods, we eat mostly home-raised or locally raised organic food and I feel that THAT is what is going to keep my family safe, not a vax. People's comments are like water off a duck's back to me now... but it's taken me a few years to get to that point.

November 17th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally agree with you all...just was wondering how you handled it. The incident I'm referring to didn't (thankfully) happen in person...it's easier to handle these things electronically cause you can type it all out...read it....link resources...etc.....anyway...I posted something on MY facebook page and someone else was discussing my original post topic in it....I just handled it as well as I could (and we both came out of it with no less respect for the other) but I was just curious how others handled it.

I had to cringe the other day when a friend of mine said "I just took my 6 month old to the doctor and she was cranky cause she got FIVE shots" EEEEK....holy cow what a huge amt of shots.....Since I'm not doing it anymore it seems even MORE unreasonable....anyway....we all do what we think is right...and I respect that....I have yet to get into a deep discussion (besides with my sister and that was pretty shallow on the surface of deep lol) in real life with anyone...whew

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search