Need encouragement..is that the right word?

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
smileybrea's Avatar ♥ Proud Doula & CPST ♥
Hi ladies!

I haven't been on the boards in SO LONG! Life..gotta love it

I've been finishing my degree in Healthcare Administration and the last handful of classes have been on diseases-everything about them, how some were erraticated, and of course, vaccines, public and community health...just a lot of stuff about communicable diseases and vaccines. And I have to admit, my beliefs against vaccinating have been shaken

For those that don't know me or remember me, my oldest is fully vaccinated and my youngest only had 2. We were delaying but I got pushed into the Hib and one other one (I'd have to look at his shot record again). I felt so horrible after that we stopped all together and haven't looked back. My oldest has ADHD and ODD and there were some questions of Asbergers. He's also my sickest and always has been--he catches EVERYTHING and brings it home. My youngest, however, has only had 1 *minor* cold and 1 case of Roseola.

That has always kept me going..knowing and seeing the difference...but now, after really digging into diseases, the spread, and erradication of some serious diseases from vaccines, I've been wavering.

Please help me get back on track...

Did you know that 95% of children are not properly restrained in a vehicle?
Make sure your child is not one of them!

November 22nd, 2010, 12:03 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
What specifically is making you waiver?

November 22nd, 2010, 12:15 PM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
I'm curious as well as to what specifically has you questioning your choice? I'm interested to hear.

November 22nd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
first I think it's great you are remembering what exactly caused you to stop vaccinating. Second...think about who publishes the information you are reading. Of COARSE it's pro vax because that is what is taught...if you want non-vax sources or neutral sources you'll have to look somewhere more along the naturopath/homeopath lines most likely. I mean think of it....most doctors are taught from the same sources you've been looking in for your classes...and they feel strongly in their views....frankly they probably aren't even given the alternative to that to learn the difference....they are taught "THIS" is correct and "THIS" is why these diseases are gone...and they believe it whole heartedly.

There are few doctors who acknowledge the other side

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
November 22nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
smileybrea's Avatar ♥ Proud Doula & CPST ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
What specifically is making you waiver?

I don't think I know for sure what it was exactly. Just the last 6 months overall..

I'll probably have to just dig out all my old resources from when we made the choice not to and see where that gets me. Deep down I know I don't want to and I trust in the decisions we have already made..just really need to re-evaluate why we made that choice.

Did you know that 95% of children are not properly restrained in a vehicle?
Make sure your child is not one of them!

November 22nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister's SIL is a Nurse Practitioner and has commented that vaccines are something they are really pushed to encourage and assure they are safe. But she said they are the one thing that she questions if they are safe. I would have to believe it is the industry you are in. I think it would be a great idea to go back and read what helped you make your decision in the first place. Hopefully that will ease your concern

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search