Funny

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2010, 10:03 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to visit my sister in KC last weekend. My mom went out before me, and got into a conversation with my BIL about vaccinations. He claims he has thoroughly "researched" them. So he starts talking about a DR named Andrews who claimed he linked the MMR to autism, and how his research was weak, blah blah. So my mom tells me that she was pretty sure he was wrong about the Dr's name, but wasn't sure so she didn't get into it. Then he claims that he read a book that disproves all the claims that vaccines aren't safe. So my mom tells him she wants to read it and then he says, "oh actually it was a website" so she tells him to show her, because she is interested in what it says. He gets on his computer and searches and can't seem to find it....My mom said he was very condescending towards me not vaccinating and kept saying that he hoped nothing every happened to Maddie b/c she isn't vaccinated. So my mom says, "well, she's never been sick, that has got to mean something" So BIL and my sister both claim neither of their girls have been sick until right now, which isn't even true, they've each been sick at least once before. My mom said she let it go, but wishes I'd have been there, because I'm so knowledgeable and would have made BIL look like an idiot

So, the funny part....when I was there, we were eating dinner and talking about what we feed the babies. I mentioned that I wanted to start giving Maddie a little fish, because I heard it is really good for them, and my sister says "oh, you can't give her fish, there's mercury in it." So I say, "well, its not like I'm injecting it into her blood stream, its just going into her stomach, and she'll poo most of it out" ....and no one got what I was saying!! I thought it was a pretty smart comment, but my sister gave me this look like she had no idea what I was saying, and went on eating. My mom said she didn't hear it or she would have commented about it. GRRR!!! Oh well, I still thought it was pretty clever myself, even if no one got it!

On a side note, Maddie did get a little sick from her cousins, but she was sleepy, and had a very low fever for one day and was all better without any medication, whereas the twins were sick for several days with very high fevers and were given medication. Just saying

Last edited by KtKuKi; November 27th, 2010 at 10:05 AM.
November 27th, 2010, 01:49 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
nice comment about the mercury. LOL.

November 27th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL about the mercury comment. I dont give much to my kids (regular tuna sometimes is the extent)...but that is MOSTLY cause I dont like fish myself and the smell makes me want to VOMIT lol...so yeah....I just would rather not lol....But anyway...LOVE Your comment....i'll bet she heard you fine and will chew on it a while lol...

GRR about not being there when BIL was spouting off stuff....I love "thorough" research like that. You should ask him some information about carseats or some other "safety" thing he might have actually researched and hear his confidence and see how much he DID research (or sister) and then change it around to...but something that is SO serious like vaccines you dont research to that extent....THAT is what baffles me about people...is that they'll dive in to research on other things and NOT vaccines....some do and still choose to vaccinate...that is their choice and good for them for being happy with their choice....but people that research food or carseats or strollers or whatever...and NOT vaccines...drives me BATTY!!!!

YAY that she didn't get too sick....it's good that she gets a sniffle here or there....it means her immune system will get stronger and stronger....plus you'll have cin oil soon and then you'll be good to go LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
November 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister is a smart person, so chances are she was thinking later on about it and realized what I meant.

BIL is the one who brought up vaccinations to my mom in a "do I need to prepare my arguments for a discussion with Kaite" type of way, but something tells me he brought it up with my mom because he knew she was less informed. I'm just doing more and more reading, though, and when we finally do talk about it, I'm going to do everything I can to make him look uneducated Not that I'm mean, or would do it to just anyone, but trust me, he deserves it!

November 29th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
anyone LOOKING for a fight...deserves it....sounds like he was trying to find a way to make YOUR choices seem uneducated....I say give it to him....Bring your books with you if you need to so that you can reference them! LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search