Christmas time....

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love this time of year. We decorated our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving night...that was pretty fun way to end the night...I think we might start doing this more often....it's so nice to have our pretty decorations out...there are still more to get out but at least it's started! I used to sell partylite candles....and this year I've barely burnt any....I need to get some of my favorite scents out and burn them up....I love to burn candles...just haven't really thought about it much! This time of year is PERFECT for it though...I love to just burn candles and sit and look at the tree and read a good book...ahhhh.....and drink some egg nog.

I didn't go out on Black Friday...did you guys? I am TOTALLY not the type to fight for something that is just a THING. I'm not going to race to the stores over a toy...or stand in lines for HOURS for a couple things....It's just NOT ME...and NOT WORTH IT...well to me. I know some people who LOVE it and THRIVE on it....but I"m like...yeah...you can keep that....I will sit home and enjoy a nice day with the fam! LOL....

I think I was turned off in high school...>I used to work at kb toys in our mall and I had to work black friday. I had to be at work at 4am cause we opened at 5am.....we all got to have a lot of fun...dressing up like elves and so on....but people stood in line for HOURS for these toys...and then would spend SO MUCH MONEY just to get the free toys (while supplies lasts LOL)....and oh gosh...it was INSANE!!!!! Once I left there...I've never wanted to deal with it. EVER!

SOOOO....I shopped from my computer at home....I got 95% of alll my shopping DONE yesterday! It is so nice to have it done...we've never had the money to be able to do this before....and so I'm SO happy to have it complete! Well except for a few things I have to go get from Target....but I'll wait until this weekend is over....Hopefully when I go to get it they'll have restocked lol....

Anyway...so how much Christmas shopping do you all have left? Did you do any this weekend? I cannot believe 2010 is almost over....INSANE.....Come on 2011...that just means that I'm that much closer to the EDD

2011 will have Gretchen turning 5 in february....EEEK...we do big parties on every fifth birthday....so a mild one at 1, then a big one at 5, 10, etc.....I've had a good thing going with my kids not ever having a big party in the same year as another child....but I ruined it...This baby is due the same year G turns 5...so that means when this baby turns 5 G will be turning 10 (barf)....

Anyway....also in 2011...new baby will be here....my first homebirth! YAY....we'll be moving to smaller living conditions....but we'll be saving to build....and much much more....I'm excited for 2011 But plan to FULLY enjoy the rest of 2010

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
November 27th, 2010, 06:55 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Sounds exciting We have not gotten the tree up, but will soon. With DD being 18 months old, I think no ornaments, just lights and garland. I did not really go anywhere but CVS on black friday, but my girlfriend got me what I wanted at Target, Mega Blocks. I was so grateful. We are hoping to get our Santa picture this week and order our Xmas cards with it. whew.

November 28th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we have carpet floors so we did ornaments all over...but in the past when I had hard floors (think cement)...we did non breakables on the bottom and breakables on top....looks kinda off balance but it works and I like the ornaments on the tree LOL.....I have plenty of non breakables that it didn't look too silly

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
November 28th, 2010, 08:41 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do not do Black Friday either. NO WAY!! I am just about done Christmas shopping. My goal is always to be done by Thanksgiving, but I usually have a few last minutes gifts I end up needing. I am done with my nieces, nephew, Maddie, MIL, and DH. I am halfway done with my mom and I need to get my dad something else small. When I was shopping today, I almost considered picking up a few things I wanted and giving them to DH to give to me, but we've only been married 2 years, and it seems a bit sad to already be doing that!

We won't put up a tree until the 2nd week in December. We do real trees so it'd be a bit early to put it up. When DH and I moved in together I discovered that he has a thousand ornaments! They are all Hallmark ones that his parents and grandparents have gotten him over the years. Some are nice, but some are super tacky. When I was growing up, we had some store bought ornaments, but our tree was mostly filled with handmade things us kids did. That is what I prefer, and can't wait till Maddie can start making them. Each year we've put up a tree I have him pick out only the most important ornaments of his, because otherwise our tree looks horribly gaudy.

I'm terrified of Maddie getting into the tree, since she gets into everything! I'm usually down on the ground with her anyway, though, so we'll just have to be extra careful. I do like to wrap all the presents and put them under the tree, but something tells me she will be tearing them apart!

I am very much looking forward to 2011. Maddie will turn 1 the end of January and we will have a small party for her. We will start TTC in June or July and I'm super excited about that. We also plan to pay my car off with our tax return and that is such a nice feeling

November 29th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
real trees are usually even LESS of a worry, Kaite...they poke and HURT lol...so my kids always learned after a couple times of touching...lol....We used to do real trees....but the more kids we have the less money we have to spend on things like that and not gifts LOL...so we have been using a fake tree simply because of that. LOL.....

We had a real tree once....we did like you do and waited til the second week....then I didn't get it taken down until like....February or something insane....it shedded like CRAZY when I moved it to take it outside....never did THAT again....lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search