Trying to decide.

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2010, 02:38 PM
Destiny
I'm taking my daughter to her first wellness checkup tomorrow and I intended to draw up a vaccination schedule with the doctor then as well. Any suggestions or good sites to take a look at?
Right now the plan is to do them one at a time, every two months, starting at a year, skipping ones that I thought were unnecessary, like the varicella vax.
I'm also really iffy about the MMR, since that's the one that seems to cause the most problems, including a case of autism in a close friend's brother, as well as my own brother's behavioral issues.
Any help would be much appreciated.

December 1st, 2010, 02:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Gosh that's tricky. I like your plan of one at a time and spacing them out....I would even go as far as saying that if *I* were to change my mind from NON vaxing to selective...I'd want to only vaccinate against one thing at a time...like whichever you would like to start with...wait until that series is done..and then go to the next....but that is what I, personally, would do.

Dr. Sears is a great resource for selective vaccinations....and checking out many of the sites stuck in the "welcome" sticky at the top...just arming yourself with all the information about them so that you know which ones you want and dont want. Read any book you can get your hands on...there are many suggestions in the sticky....ones I might suggest would be "what your doctor may not tell you about childhood vaccinations" and hmm....dr.sears the vaccine book...and then also I'd have a book on hand about any vaccines you choose not to do...like raising a vaccine free child or raising your child in spite of your doctor....both of which talk about all kinds of things from fevers to diphtheria....and how to treat or handle them....etc....

HUGS...and good luck on getting that all figured out...and Welcome to Choosing Not to Vaccinate!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
December 2nd, 2010, 05:31 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I know my friend's ped does not vax until after two when the brain/blood barrier is fully formed, so you may want to wait to do the MMR then. I think now they do it at 15 months.

December 2nd, 2010, 11:34 AM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
I also like your idea of one at a time. I agree with Martha about one at a time to finish a series, watch for any reactions and then continue. That *IS* how I plan to do them when I start for Lili.
I have an appt next week with a non-vax dr for all of my kids and I'm going to discuss how she treats VPD's as well as how she feels if I choose to do a set or two of vaccines and things I can do to better prepare and help Lili's body rid the toxins faster. Lili is two and a half now and I planned to start at 6 months, then a year, then two, and now I'm seriously considering starting a couple. I feel more confident about her body's ability to handle them at this age and I want to do it before we wean from breastfeeding completely.
I read Dr. Sears book and the Raising a Vaccine Free child as well as a few others to help with my decision.

December 2nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
Destiny
I have another month to decide. I talked to the doctor about only doing one set at a time. The big downside is the appointment every two months for over two years. She also said that it might be emotionally traumatizing, but I figure all you need is some candy or nursing to combat that.
It's definitely what I'm leaning towards, as well as ordering them without the icky preservatives.
So at this point it's more of a matter of what order, and which ones to skip.

She said to call when I'm ready and to make an appointment when I know what I want.
I will certainly look for those books as well.

December 2nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
Well, you can space them out for as long as you feel like so the traumatizing part doesn't have to be so. I can't tell you which ones to skip, but I know for me the ONLY one I seem to go back to over again is the DTaP. I get anxiety and make myself sick over the thought of whooping cough, so for ME it's the one I'm going to do. I also have considered the HiB now that she's over 15 months she'd only need one dose to complete the series, but I felt okay delaying that one because I breastfeed. I plan to do the MMR at some point, just farther down the road and possibly ONLY the measles component if it's available.
The others just don't concern me much or don't exist here. It just takes thoroughly understanding the illness and treatments for it. Dr. Sears does do a good job of explaining the illness and whether it's treatable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search