Log In Sign Up

Choosing and sticking with it (new to the board)


Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
December 2nd, 2010, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 971
My son is 4 months actually soon to be 5 and I had been reading and searching all about the vaccines since before he was born. I had really wanted to delay and do more of the dr sears schedule. Well his 2 month check up went good, the dr said ge was growing great and looked good. And when I was talking to him about the shots he talked me into giving all if them to me. I was crying already from Jamie crying and dh just stood there. I was so crazy after that. I couldn't believe he did that. Mainly I couldn't believe I did that. He had a high fever that night also. I spent that whole night going crazy saying it's all my fault. Well we have his 4 month visit next Monday and I'm set on only the dtap now. I have to stand up fir my son. Dh says that he should be able to handle them all now. I hate that we can't talk about it and he just blindly trusts drs. (his moms a nurse) I do not care to just blindly trust like that. I can't. I'm tempted to ask my friend or mom to come with me since dh won't support me. It's so confusing. I feel like I am making the right decision. I'm so protective of him. Any support would be greatly helpful. I also would love to hear yalls experiences in telling your dr your decision. It's a very touchy subject to a lot of people. After his first shots I spent the net two or three days crying and blaming me for what has happened to my son. And hoping that nothing else did happen.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #2  
December 2nd, 2010, 08:22 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,756
Welcome! And good for you for trusting your feelings about the vaccines. As far as dealing with your doctor, I think I would say something like "after his last reaction, I am more comfortable waiting till he's a year to vaccinate" Even if you decide not to give any, this at least gives you more time to decide what you want to do. My dr wasn't happy when I originally told her we were waiting till a year(which turned into not vaxing at all) but she did say that I was the mom and ultimately it is my choice.

I'm sorry DH doesn't agree with you, that is tricky situation. I would definitely take someone who will support you to the visit. I took my mom when DH couldn't go, and although she didn't say anything, just having her there made me feel stronger.

If you have issues with your dr, you can always search for a vaccine friendly dr. I believe Dr. Sears website has a place you can look them up. Good Luck!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
December 3rd, 2010, 06:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,490
I agree with Kaite...

Also...I DO have experience in telling the doctor no. I was determined when I went in at Olive's 2 month check up that she would not receive any vaccines. I didn't know how long I wanted to delay them at that point...so i just said 6 months figuring that it gave me that much longer to decide if I wanted to wait longer. When I said that to the doc we had at the time...she went crazy....she told me that I could kill my child by allowing her to get the diseases vaccines protect against....and she said that if I dont go by HER schedule she couldn't be my doctor!!!!! THIS was just after I told her I wanted to DELAY...I wasn't a NON vaxer at that point. I bet she would have passed out if I'd said "we aren't doing any vaccines...now or ever"....lol...

Anyway....personally....If your doctor pressured you last time...I wouldn't even give him/her a second chance....I'd find a new doctor..that right there tells me how he feels. I'd look on Dr.Sear's site....you can find a vaccine friendly doctor (meaning a doctor who is friendly to alternate schedules OR the parent's choosing the schedule or lack there of)....

It sounds like you 've been doing a lot of reading....might I suggest something, though? And I mean this out of pure concern....but DTaP has been known in many studies to be linked to SIDS....many children that are SIDS victims have just gotten their 4 month shot of it....Anyway...that is just me being concerned...whatever you decide....we will FULLY support....this board is about supporting the parent's choice about vaccinating....whether it but partially, fully, delayed, selective....or none at all....so HUGS and KUDOS to you for standing up to your doctor (or getting ready to) and being comfortable in your decision. Doctors will play a HUGE guilt trip on you....well not all will...but have your mind prepared...have your eat dirt face on.....and be ready to say "Look, if you dont want to do it my way....I'll just find a different doctor"....

(All that being said....please know that My older three children have had all their shots thru two years and my oldest even had boosters at 5....so I am in NO way thinking anything bad about your choice you may make regarding the DTaP....I'm envious you did your research on your FIRST...hind sight it is 20/20....I didn't research until I was pregnant with my 4th )....

HUGS...and WELCOME TO THE CHOOSING NOT TO VACCINATE BOARD!!!!
__________________
Martha
Momma to Emma, Elzie, Gretchen, Olive, and Rogan

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
December 4th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 971
Thank you for the words. I'll let you know how it goes dh says he will fully stick up for us so that is great to hear.
__________________



Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0