urgent-fever related

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter started out with nothing but a headache. We have been having earthquakes all week(21 yesterday that were 3.0 or over) and thats what I had been thinking was the cause since we all have been getting headaches but nothing else. Well now she's had a fever since yesterday that im guessing is around 102.I dont like to take her temperature because seeing the number scares my husband and then he's going to over-react. I really dont want to take her to the e.r because they're going to want to give her tylenol and I know thats not good. How long is too long to have a fever?
December 16th, 2010, 02:27 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I checked in my "How to raise a healthy child in spite of your doctor" book, and it says:
"For older children (the previous paragraph is for under 2 months, so I'm assuming this means over 2 months), it is unnecessary to call the dr unless the fever fails to abate within 3 days or is accompanied by other major symptoms such as vomiting, respiratory distress, persistent cough lasting several days, and other major symptoms not normally associated with the common cold. Also see your dr if your child displays continued listlessness, irritation, inattentiveness, or otherwise acts and looks seriously ill."

Maddie has really never had much of a fever, so I don't have personal experience, but maybe this excerpt will help a little.

December 16th, 2010, 02:29 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
have you tried a bath? Fever Therapy

that is kinda like the chinese medical theory where you want to sweat out the pathogens. I would try that or if that does not work, maybe a cool bath. good luck, stay safe.

December 16th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd just give her cool things to eat/suck on (how old is she?)....Olive has had a fever that was pretty high for a few days....I'm sorry I dont have any grand advice....just keep remembering that a fever is the bodies way of ridding the bugs it has caught....and that bringing it down with medicine is going to hamper that process.

HUGS...I'll keep you guys in our prayers....scary earthquake business! eek

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
December 16th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks ladies you made me feel better
i read raising a vaccine free child and it freaked me out because it said headache with fever could be meningitis!
I kept asking her and all day yesterday if anything else besides her head was hurtingand she said it was just her head hurting.Today she said her ears hurt and then later said they didnt.
(she's 3)

She's not vomiting,doesnt have a cough or trouble breathing but does have a major headache. What do you think?
December 16th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a bug....I usually get a head ache when I have a fever...the two seem to go hand in hand. Just try to keep her happy is what I'd do....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
December 17th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I remember my first fever with Lucas. He was 15mo and his fever was 105 at one point. I don't normally medicate a fever of pretty much anything under 104 but I find that once it goes higher than that they stop drinking, which is a problem for me. I ended up giving him some Advil at 105 but he was cruising at 103+ for 3 days before that. On the fifth day his fever broke and then the Roseola rash appeared.

I wouldn't panic (I know easier said than done!)

My daughter has had a fever for a few days of over 103 and I didn't bother to medicate her because she was happily nursing, so we just rode it out.

Hang in there mama!

December 17th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i gave in a little less then 2 hours ago(she's had this since wednesday morning) she wasnt getting better and started to say other things hurt so i gave her half a dose of motrin and shes feeling better.
December 18th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad she's feeling better.....HUGS

December 20th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Tofu Bacon
My general rule of thumb is to look at how they are feeling overall. If its a high temperature (like 102 and up) and they seem like they are in pain, then I'll medicate first and give their doc a call just in case. If they are just feeling cruddy or run-down because of the fever, then I just do cool compresses and offer fluids. If they just have a fever but are acting fine otherwise, I leave it alone and offer fluids.
December 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
long story short we had to take her to the er. friday night-saturday morning.they did xray on her chest,cat scan, and urine sample.tried twice to get blood and couldnt so i said no more.her fever went to 104.3 so i agreed to the tylenol.she puked so we had to get her an iv.took over 2 hours to go down.she got worse last night so we took her to the dr today and shes now on an antiobiotic.
December 21st, 2010, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh bless her heart. and yours....what was the infection? Hope she is feeling better now!

December 22nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
they dont know

after one day of having antiobiotic she was almost completely better

December 22nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank goodness! Glad she's on the mend...HUGS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search