New Here

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi,
I'm new to this board but not to JM My 13 month old son Jaeson Layne (whom we call "Peanut") was injured by the MMRV vaccine last week. It's been a terrifying ordeal but he's finally getting better so that's a huge relief!

I have 4 other kids and they are all vaccinated. I never thought something like this would happen to us. I've been doing tons of research on the safety of vaccines since this all happened and i'm quite disturbed by what i've found. DH & I have decided NOT to continue vaccinating our one year old son and we will also not continue vaccinating our 3 year old either (unfortunately my other kids are already fully vaccinated).

We live in WA state and I don't know how much resistance we are going to get from the public school system regarding not vaccinating our kids since my other children were all vaccinated. I suspect it's going to be tough because my 11 year old DD's junior high lost her vaccine record (even though I turned it in to them and it turns out they had it in the office the entire time) and I was getting threatening calls & letters from the school that they were going to suspend her from school until I could provide proof that she was fully vaccinated, including the chicken pox vaccine.

I told my DH last night that nothing is going to change my mind about vaccinating my kids from here on out. If I have to home school my boys then I will do that because we almost lost our little Peanut due to a vaccine and I will never go through that again

I will post my son's story above in the "bad experiences" section because I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post his story but I just wanted to introduce myself.
January 8th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh my goodness Kristen I'm SO SORRY you had to go through that! Thank goodness your little man came through. Did you belong to the January DDC by any chance? I haven't been there in ages (since a vaccine debate ironically lol) and your screen name is very familiar. Sorry, I was never terribly active in that DDC/PR so forgive me!!!

Oh and WELCOME to CNTV

January 8th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the welcome Amanda! Yes, I did belong to the Jan DDC and I still lurk on there but I rarely get the chance to post so don't feel bad I have a lot of the Jan ladies on my Facebook so i've been able to keep in contact with a lot of them.

I'm thrilled to see that JM has a board like this! I looked online for boards dedicated to negative vaccine reactions and I couldn't find any. I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies better!

I posted Peanut's story above
January 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
OMG! I just read your story and am holding back the tears. I am so so sorry you are going thru this. Choosing to or not to vax is such a hard decision. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have here. I really hope your Peanut bounces back from the reaction and is back to normal ASAP. People act as if parents who think their kids have had vax reactions are crazy and nutty, but as you see, it is not that at all. There are true risks and no one likes to admit it. If you are on FB, join the fan page for Dr Tenpenny, she posts almost daily incredible info on vax's and their risks, etc.

January 8th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
If you are on FB, join the fan page for Dr Tenpenny, she posts almost daily incredible info on vax's and their risks, etc.
GREAT suggestion! I love Dr Tenpenny's FB page and her books

January 8th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
welcome to CNTV...i'm so sorry about your reason for finding us though...i am Martha...I have four (soon to be five) children. My first is FULLY vaccinated...my second and third are partially (will not receive boosters) and my fourth is 100% vaccine free...our fifth will follow suit....HUGS and again WELCOME to our board. I hope you make yourself comfy

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 8th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet*life View Post
Hi,
I'm new to this board but not to JM My 13 month old son Jaeson Layne (whom we call "Peanut") was injured by the MMRV vaccine last week. It's been a terrifying ordeal but he's finally getting better so that's a huge relief!

I have 4 other kids and they are all vaccinated. I never thought something like this would happen to us. I've been doing tons of research on the safety of vaccines since this all happened and i'm quite disturbed by what i've found. DH & I have decided NOT to continue vaccinating our one year old son and we will also not continue vaccinating our 3 year old either (unfortunately my other kids are already fully vaccinated).

We live in WA state and I don't know how much resistance we are going to get from the public school system regarding not vaccinating our kids since my other children were all vaccinated. I suspect it's going to be tough because my 11 year old DD's junior high lost her vaccine record (even though I turned it in to them and it turns out they had it in the office the entire time) and I was getting threatening calls & letters from the school that they were going to suspend her from school until I could provide proof that she was fully vaccinated, including the chicken pox vaccine.

I told my DH last night that nothing is going to change my mind about vaccinating my kids from here on out. If I have to home school my boys then I will do that because we almost lost our little Peanut due to a vaccine and I will never go through that again

I will post my son's story above in the "bad experiences" section because I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post his story but I just wanted to introduce myself.
Hello and welcome. I read your story and I'm so sorry to hear that is why you are here and am hopeful your little guy comes out 100% okay. I also live in WA state as well and have one vaxed and one selectively vaxed til 1 year, and since then otherwise unvaxed DC. My 4 year old, who is the one who is basically considered unvaxed goes to public school and all I did was sign a waiver stating that for philosophical reasons I will not vaccinate. All in all I hope you don't meet too much resistance and I wish for your son's speedy recovery!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search