Log In Sign Up

Am I overreating?


Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
January 23rd, 2011, 03:26 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,756
This is completely off topic, but I know everyone here will give me an honest answer.
My MIL discovered she had many mice living in her house. She set up traps and and whatnot to get rid of them, and caulked around any openings she might have to keep them out. Then she tells me that she sprayed straight bleach all over her hardwood floors. I'm cringing at the thought of her house smelling like bleach, and I don't want Maddie there at all, for a while. Am I being silly? I looked up some info on bleach, and it says once it drys on something, the bleach has evaporated and it is safe, but I find this hard to believe.

Normally, I could just avoid her house for a while, but my SIL is coming in town and I know we will be going over there. Am I overreacting? And when do you think it will be safe? I don't want to breathe in bleach, let alone have Maddie breathing it in. I want to talk to DH about it, but want to be sure I'm not just being silly.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
January 23rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 17,089
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I think it should be fine by then. And I first read it as overeating LOL
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #3  
January 23rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville,Tennessee
Posts: 3,593
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
From what I can find it should be fine within a few hours as long as her house is ventilated and not shut up tight without any A/C on. If you can still smell the bleach and it is strong...I would take a run over there without Maddie before you SIL comes in...I wouldn't take her. If she dumped straight bleach on the floor it may still smell as it could have soaked into the wood depending on how old the wood is. I understand your concern if that is what she did. If you go over and can't smell anything I would think it would be fine though... I don't clean with bleach because I can't stand the smell so I don't know how long it would take to dry...
__________________

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.



Reply With Quote
  #4  
January 23rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,756
Ahhh...I do tend to overreact when it comes to my MIL, she drives me nuts! She does tend to overuse bleach as the cure for anything germy. I will be having dh stop by and check on the smell first. I just don't see how she could spray her entire house down and it not smell...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
January 23rd, 2011, 06:57 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,773
I bet her house did smell! I was worrying about the bleach ruining the hardwood floors. Bleach does kill almost everything, so that was a good choice. If it still smells, perhaps she could mop with plain water and ventilate the house. If the house just smells a little like bleach then things will probably be fine for LO. Your MIL certainly did everything she could think of to keep out the mice and clean up after them! I grew up in an 80 year old (at the time) farmhouse, and we had mice in the walls. One winter we caught 42 in the trap
__________________

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!


Reply With Quote
  #6  
January 24th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,490
I agree that if the smell isn't there or isn't strong it's probably fine....HUGs
__________________
Martha
Momma to Emma, Elzie, Gretchen, Olive, and Rogan

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0