Didn't get the elderberry concentrate in time...

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Danny has the flu...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

January 25th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Regular
I'm so sorry, my kids are all sick right now and I just wish I could take it all away from them.

I am giving them Vitamins C and D, along with their usual probiotic and Multi. Do you give anything else after they he is already sick? Is it too late for Elderberry?
January 25th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't really know. At this point I am still trying to find a naturopath or homeopathic doctor within 100 miles of here. I think I found one but do all of them use acupuncture, even on kids, or did I not find one? I am still new to this type of medicine but allopathic is obviously not helping him. His RAD developed into asthma which is now being severly aggravated by the flu, his food allergies are getting more numerous and the reactions more severe, and he is STILL not growing but the doctors say he is fine. There is something not right with my son. On top of that he is CONSTANTLY sick. All the time. Kids get sick, I get it but literally this week will make six full weeks he has missed since august just due to contagious, feverish illnesses. He had colds and such in between those as well. He has always been this way to the point that the allergist felt it necesary to check his immune system at 13 months old because he was so sick so often. It came back normal but I am wondering if the vaxes that he did get, before Michelle gave me a wake-up call, damaged his immune system in a way that doesn't show up on allopathic testing.

Sorry for the rant but I am just over my opinion being ignored...

January 25th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I forgot to mention this slightly amusing but majorly irritating tidbit about the visit this morning. The doctor came in and said the he does indeed have the flu and gave me the strain name. He then proceeded to tell me that I could have avoided my son this pain and discomfort had I just given him the vaccine. I shrugged it off because my doc knows my stance but doesn't by any means support it. Well, when I got home I checked which strains the vax covered and lo and behold the one Danny has isn't listed!!! I was almost ready to call the ped and complain. He darn well knew it wasn't covered. The only amusing part is that he now looks like an idiot beacuse anyone else that checked would have thought he just didn't know what he was talking about. However I am irate because he knew that he was tetrying to make me feel guilty for not shooting poison into my so's arm because it could have prevented his "suffering" while it wouldn't have prevented anthing! I really hate going to the doctor and feeling like I am the but end of a joke. They get money for injecting my son with poison and I get a "guilt trip" for not letting them. Seriously?!?!?!

January 25th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
oh grr about the doctor....grrrrr!!!

It's not TOO LATE for the elderberry it wont obviously keep the flu away but it'll help him get over it faster! Dose him up HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 25th, 2011, 02:09 PM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
Sorry about the flu and the constant illness! That would be super frustrating for sure. I hope he gets better quickly.

Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but does anyone know the dosing of elderberry concentrate?

January 25th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No high-jacking. I was just about to ask.

January 25th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Regular
I think you should def tell that doctor about his mistake. He sure didn't hesitate to make you feel bad. I am sooo sorry for all that you are going through. It's bad enough to have a sick child, but then to have to listen to all of the crap on top of it...it just stinks!

My advice is, don't give up! No one in this world (I don't care how many initials they have after their name) knows your child like you do. If you can, just keep searching for other doctors and the right answers.

Good luck!
January 25th, 2011, 04:44 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear Danny has the flu Do I remember correctly -- doesn't he have a rare GI or pancreatic issue that requires a lot of enzymes to process food well? If I have it right that that is Danny, is he getting enough nutrition from his food? Maybe he is not processing the vitamins, minerals and nutrition well, which would make him sick?

That's terrible about the doctor. I would be so mad!

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

January 25th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Let's see...we gave preventative dose of a couple tsp's a day for the kids and a tbsp a day for the adults....during sickness we'd up that to a tbsp for the kids and a couple/few tbsp for the adults....

You can't overdose but if you are getting too much you'll get the runs (it's concentrate juice afterall) I didn't actually measure....I just "glurged" some in a cup...put a little agave nectar and water in for the kids to make it "juice" and there ya go...did the same for myself...didn't measure just thought "that looks about right" LOL...

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 25th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The GI retested the pancreatic function in december. We were supposed to get the results today but Danny is sick so it is rescheduled. He is eating what he should to gain weight and gets multivitamins and supplements daily for the stuff he isn't getting due to allergies. If he isn't absorbing them it isn't related to anything we allready know about. He also isn't growing. He has weighed 29.6 pounds since August..until today that is.... I can't get him to eat ANYTHING and drinking is almost as bad. He may have ingested 8 oz of fluid all day today??? He won't take anything and his temp is sitting at 103.9 2 hours after tylenol. I don't know what to do. He is shaky any time he tries to move his hands or his head and is refusing to talk his throat hurts so bad. Is the flu normally this bad???? He has NEVER had it this bad. Granted this is only the third time but the third time in three years is a little rediculous. He is usually at 102 tops and running around playing. He has barely moved from the couch or the bed all day. He takes a while to answer me if he will at all. He is really worrying me. As far as I can tell he is not dehydrated but hypoglycemc I am assuming is a very real possibility since he won't eat and he will only drink water. Anything else he spits out. What should I do?

January 26th, 2011, 12:50 AM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
If he's that lethargic I'd take him in, that would worry me as well. 103 doesn't necessarily concern me much, but his actions or lack thereof do for sure. I hope he's okay!

January 26th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We wound up going in to the ER last night. He spiked to 104.3, I gave him a bath and within 30 minutes it was right back up there. That was before he was due for Tylenol still. The ped had said if I gave him Motrin I had to wait for hours after his last Tylenol dose. I thought that was rather stupid and they also said not to alternate them even with fevers that high. The ER said that was rediculous as well and 3 hours after Tylenol they gave him motrin and within 30 minutes I had my child back. The crazy thing...that I am not sure I am ok with...is that he has had NO fever since they gave him motrin at like 1130 pm! He can't fight this without a fever right?

January 26th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Poor kid. It was probably good that you took him in if he was acting that poorly. Is he drinking more now? Would he drink juice in water? That would give him some calories. It can be so hard to get a kid to eat when they don't want to eat. Or drink, for that matter. It sounds like the Tylenol really didn't work for Danny. The fever may come back if his body needs it. I don't think one dose of Motrin would keep it from coming back after 12 hours.

KUP on the results of the pancreatic function. I'll be curious to hear how he is doing. About 30 pounds doesn't sound too bad -- how does Danny look to you, size wise?

I hope he feels better quickly.

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

January 26th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He is 38 inches tall and 29.3 pounds. Everytime he has hit 30 pounds he loses weight for one reason or another. His ribs stick out all the way around, all the time. Not just when he breathes of moves. He looks bony to me. Still no fever so far but he has to stay out until Monday which means all of my available absences for the semester are going to be used by Friday. I only get 2 per class per semester. ugh...this should be an interesting semester...

January 26th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OY sorry about school....I hope they will work with you....

I'm glad it sounds like he's feeling better. Motrin is the only thing that works on my kids as well...Sorry you had to go thru all that though. HUGS....Like someone else said...if the fever needs to come back it will...

Hopefully he is acting better now too! HUGs

January 26th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He is back to his normal self. He got up to 100 today but that is it so far. He sounds REALLY congested and I think he is starting to wheeze. I will take wheezing over a 104+ fever anyday!

January 27th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Good! Glad to hear Danny is feeling better It's such much better to see them happy.

What does the GI say about Danny's ability to gain weight?

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

January 27th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for improvement!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search