Hi! New here and to not vaxing

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 06:24 PM
stephi1997's Avatar Veteran
Hi all! So happy to have found this board! I'm Steph - first time mom to Jackson (now 10months). The thought of not vaccinating or delaying was something my DH and I discussed only briefly before Jackson's arrival. Unfortunately we gave in to pressure/scare from the pediatrician and went through with vaccinating up til his 6month well baby appt.

Long story short, my son was born with severe torticollis, a tricky tongue-tie that went undiagnosed until 4months, reflux and other gi issues and sensory processing issues. As a result of the torticollis he has some motor delays. On top of these issues, at 4 months he stopped sleeping more than 2 hours at a time. I wish I had trusted my instincts after the 4 month vaccinations and stopped there. After finally finding an amazing chiropractor and an equally wonderful naturopathic doctor, we may be on a path to recovery. (Trust me, that was the very very short version of the last 10 months!!)

I have just within the last week made the decision to stop vaxing completely and although DH and I haven't fully discussed (he has been away for work all month) I know he will be behind me on this. We will be leaving our current pediatrician's practice as they require full vaxing. I was given a recommendation for a doctor whose philosophy sounds much more in line with the way we will be proceding with our son's care and hope to meet her soon.

So sorry for the long first post! I am looking forward to chatting with other non-vaxing moms, as I only personally know one other non-vaxing family.
January 26th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Welcome!!! I am Sarah, mommy to DS Danny (3.5 yo). I have just found a naturopathic doctor that isn't 100 miles away. We are also going to a chiropractor which has helped me a lot. I am really sorry about your story with your son but I am glad that with the help you guys are getting now he is on the road to recovery. I don't know any other moms in real life who don't vax. It is very unpopular here. I know one that if she ever gets married and has children she will not vax except for 1 or 2 when the child is older...meningitis for example is one but I can't remember the other. I hope to get to know you better!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Last edited by i3ai3ydanny; January 26th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
January 26th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
aww....yay on making the decision that is best for you and your family....sounds like in that short paragraph your first 10 months have been a roller coaster ride....HUGs....We are so happy to have you and cannot wait to get to know you more!!!!

I'm Martha, Momma to Emma, Elzie, Gretchen, and Olive and the baby boy on the way! We fully vaxed until I was pregnant with Olive and decided not to vax her right away and then eventually decided to not vax her at all...at which time we decided not to keep up to date on teh older kids' vaxes also. So only my oldest is considered fully vaxed the others have had all their toddler ones but haven't and wont receive booster shots. Olive and baby boy will have no shots in their childhood....with a COUPLE on the maybe list in adolescence.

Anyway..WELCOME to CNTV we are glad you found us!!!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Welcome, I'm Kaite, mom to Maddie, just one year old today! It is great you found a doctor that will support you, I think that makes the not vaccinating choice so much easier.

January 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM
stephi1997's Avatar Veteran
Thank you for the welcome! Martha - yes the last 10 months have been a huge roller coaster. I've learned a lot though and keep learning!

Sarah - glad you found a naturopath and chiro to help you! We saw one naturopathic dr who was a joke, but now have seen one that seems much more thorough.

Kaite -happy belated birthday to your Maddie!

I don't get to be online as frequently sometimes - Jackson doesn't sleep more than a couple hours at a time, so when he goes to bed at night I try not to stay up too much later than him. My husband has been traveling for work all month but just got home last night and he'll be home for a couple weeks. I got a 3 hour nap today and it was amazing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search