Already not looking forward to the naturopath appt... *Updated*

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I had to go in today to fill out a records request form, and granted it was during lunch hour but they didn't seem very friendly. That doesn't come off as a great first impression when they seem bothered by me being there. The receptionist seemed really nice over the phone but when we were there she seemed very cold and uncaring. I am hoping that I just caught her on an off day but the Dr walked right past us and didn't even say hi or how are you. That to me seems a bit unwelcoming...especially since the patient is a three month old child that is going to be quite unsure of what is going on and I am paying for every bit of it out of pocket. This isn't making me very happy. We are supposed to go Feb 12 but I don't want to pay $125 just to determine that I shouldn't have even tried in the first place... :/

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Last edited by i3ai3ydanny; February 12th, 2011 at 12:05 PM.
January 28th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh man!!!! HUGS...not sure what I'd do...maybe go in there at a less busy time sometime and see how they respond. Or call and say "I was in there the other day to fill out some forms...I really was hoping to at least meet the doctor so that I could know that this is the right decision for us...is there anyway I can set up a short meeting with him just to meet him before my appointment....I have a small son and I wanted him to see the doctor at least once before the appointment so that he's not frightened" or somethign like that??? HUGs

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 28th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is still like an hour away and there is only one receptionist..who already knows us by name...and one doctor. They don't seem rude, they just don't seem like the PED type personality. KWIM?

January 28th, 2011, 04:17 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
my doctor is AWESOME and ok with not vaxing but her office staff (she is in a large practice) is horrible and a couple office people super nasty, but worth it. i hope it is all worth your while. kup.

January 28th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ah..I see...well HUGS....Our doctor has such a small practice that it's just her...no office or reception...she doesn't even use a computer it's all paper (on like blank copy paper she writes notes) LOL....the machine that picks up if she's not in is a regular home answering machine with her voice...totally NOT the norm....

Anyway...I really DO hope that it was just an off day....usually you can tell a lot by a person by how they are on the phone...I'll keep my fingers crossed that on appt day you find you are MORE than happy with them!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 29th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Me too...there don't seem to be many options...

January 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry they didn't seem friendly. I'd still try it because he might be a really good doctor, even if he or the office aren't really user-friendly. Could still be worth it.

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

January 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Unless we find somewhere else that seems better we will still go to this guy...I am just praying it goes well...especiually for Danny's sake...

January 30th, 2011, 07:30 PM
stephi1997's Avatar Veteran
I'm so sorry they weren't friendly! That would put me off too. It is really tough to find a naturopath that specializes in dealing with kiddos. The first one I went to was nice enough but she really didn't seem to be listening to the whole picture I was describing about my son.

I'd say if it's tough to find naturopaths in your area, give this guy one shot and if you don't like what the visit brings you then trust your gut. Hopefully you just caught them at a bad day - maybe he had a difficult case or something his mind was on.

Good luck!!
January 31st, 2011, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Stephi.

February 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
not sure your insurance situation but I started seeing a naturopath in addition to my regular doctor and my insurance did reimburse me. I wasn't sure if they would but they did!
February 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh i'm sorry I'm taking my 14 month to a naturopathic physician for the first time this coming Friday. I've spoken to the ND on the phone though twice and she seems very friendly. I hope you have a good experience! I was amazed by all the paperwork I have to fill out prior to his appointment. I still have to call our insurance company to see if they are going to pay for it. My son "Peanut" was vaccine injured on Jan. 5th. He had an adverse reaction to his MMRV and is still sick. I've had no luck in getting him help from our regular doctor (and 3 other doctors i've tried to take him too) so I decided to try out an ND.
February 7th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
His insurance 100% said nope. That means 100% out of pocket for me....

Ya, we didn't have to fill out a bunch of stuff yet but will when we get there and they ordered all of his medical records since birth which adds up to about 4.5 inches...

February 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post
His insurance 100% said nope. That means 100% out of pocket for me....

Ya, we didn't have to fill out a bunch of stuff yet but will when we get there and they ordered all of his medical records since birth which adds up to about 4.5 inches...
Oh that stinks! I just called our insurance company yesterday. Ours will pay $1500 towards naturopathy so not much but at least it's something. I have a feeling we'll max out our benefits quickly though. I'm not sure how visits i'll actually be able to take him too before we reach our limit.
February 8th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our's has a website that has the cost of each visit and how long the visit is expected to last. THat has really helped. Ours also has a different set of prices for various age ranges. That helps. The first appt is 125 and the follow ups vary between 45 and 60 I think depending on what he is seen for.

February 11th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post
Our's has a website that has the cost of each visit and how long the visit is expected to last. THat has really helped. Ours also has a different set of prices for various age ranges. That helps. The first appt is 125 and the follow ups vary between 45 and 60 I think depending on what he is seen for.
Be prepared to pay more if they suggest supplements. I took Peanut to his first naturopath appt today and even though it should've only cost me a $15 co-payment, I ended up paying $163 because of the cost of the vitamins & supplements she prescribed

I'm taking him back in 2 weeks but i'm hoping it wont cost as much since I shouldn't have to buy any supplements for a while.
February 12th, 2011, 04:17 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
yes i went to a naturopath years ago and it was about $200/mo in supplements.

February 12th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It wasn't too bad. It was the $125 for the visit but any supplements that are expired he gives away when he feels there is a need so we only paid $67.15 in supplements and received the other three free. The receptionist that was there the day I went apparently isn't there all the time. The one there today was much nicer. The doctor is very friendly and caring but in a stand offish sort of way. He is VERY good with Danny though. He understood our issues from the start and is ordering a hair test for heavy metals. He said that all of his problems are inertwined some way and he thinks all the vaccines he got initially may still be affecting him. He is giving us great advice in so many areas and I am loving it! The funny thing is that he doesn't do a ton of acupuncture like his website said. He is mostly a naturopath/herbalist but it is illegal in tennessee to practice naturopathy as well as sell raw milk for human consumption and a few other really stupid things. So we are going to be trying raw milk for our imaginary dog because it can only be sold as "pet supplies" but the people who sell it know otherwise. It is really stupid. So we are in the right place afterall and he said that anytime we can't pay up front for something that the office coordinates we can pay later on a schedule. I really love this place already! Our visit was only supposed to last 1.5 hours but since Danny is so complex, he spent three hours with us trying to get everything set and straightened out. 3 hours JUST with us!!!! He left to use the restroom or copy a paper but didn't see anyone else!!! THIS is what healthcare REALLY is. And one thing I was worried about...which is completely stereotypical and I am ashamed to admit it...was that he would be affiliated with some weird religion and I would be pushed into that by visiting his practice. Not at all. His family is Jewish! I had so many misconceptions about everything and I am so glad that I was wrong and that they have gotten straightened out. I am so excited about this!!!!

February 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's wonderful about the visit. I totally agree with you that this is how healthcare should be. Our Dr is a bit standoffish at times too, but I've gone to "super nice" drs who don't really listen and try to push things on me that I don't want. So, with that, I'd rather have a Dr who cares. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out.

February 12th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OOOH Fabulous!! I've been waiting to hear from you about this! YAY....we are raw milk drinkers...it's legal now in MO to sell it though (wasn't for a while)....but illegal to sell it raw AND to the processing plants so the milkers have to choose one or the other. I hate that they can make things like that illegal...what is it to them what kind of milk *I* choose to drink...I'm not forcing them to drink it...argh....

Anyway...I'm so glad he took time to take care of you and Danny and that he is working hard to figure out what is causing things....and that he just made the trip and the money worth it....Seriously thrilled for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search