So Frustrated with my Ped!

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
I've been going to the same pediatrician for 18 years.All of my children have always been vaccinated on time except for my twins who are 15 months old who have yet to be vaccinated.My husband and I made this decision after doing plenty of research on the subject and based on the fact that i have two children who are Autistic.We felt it would be best to hold off.

We choose not to vaccinate until after two years of age.Well today,after her canceling the last appointment because she called off sick and me canceling this one because of the weather i got a call from their pediatrican telling me that she is going to have to turn me into CYS because she is "concerned" at my inability to bring them in and also she cannot go to jail because they are not vaccinated.I have been crying all day now over this.I have never felt so bullied in my entire life.I asked her if i bring them in can we set some sort of schedule up because i DO NOT want them subjected to all those toxins in one visit.She went on to say no and that there is a new policy now that they must get them all caught up at one time.I'am TERRIFIED to take them Thursday!I feel so pressured if i don't i will have to deal with CYS and i've never had to deal with any of this my entre life.Is there anything i can do?I feel so helpless.I also explained to her that it is very hard for me to bring both girls in a once with my 3 yr.old toddler.He is severly Autistic and must be watched constantly so i need an extra set of hands.I scheduled them separate and she cancelled.She went on to say CYS can help with that?SERIOUSLY?I just need my husband to go with me for an extra set of hands taking the twins and my Autistic 3yr.old!!

Last edited by *Mandy*; February 2nd, 2011 at 06:42 AM.
February 2nd, 2011, 05:13 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
***? She cannot turn you in for that. What are the laws in your state? I would find another ped ASAP and get them seen, so they have that on their record, even if your SO has to take a vacation day to do it.

February 2nd, 2011, 06:45 AM
*Mandy*'s Avatar Co-Host Moms of Multiples
Send a message via AIM to *Mandy*
That's exactly what i'm doing today!I'm leaning towards a Family Doctor rather than a ped because they seem to be more vax free friendly.My ped has always been a little over the top,but yesterday was just ridiculous!!
February 2nd, 2011, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OH MY...I'm with the pp....I would TOTALLY be getting a new doctor...I was bullied once, too...and that was the last time. I cannot believe the nerve of some people....I hope you find a great doctor and that this will be for the best in the long run (sometimes we need a kick to change our lives around)...THEN enjoy the satisfaction of getting your health records from them!!!! HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
February 2nd, 2011, 07:41 AM
Regular
I have the chills up my spine right now! I cannot believe that there would be any way that she can turn you in, and most certainly not if she is the one cancelling appts!

I did a quick search on the Dr. Sears website, under vaccine friendly doctors (meaning non-vaccine friendly really) and there was only the following:
David S. Kennedy, M.D.
Personal Care Pediatrics, LLC
2771 Geryville Pike
Pennsburg, PA 18073
(215) 541-1333
Personal Care Pediatrics LLC

I have no idea if this is close to you, but I def agree with the PP that suggested you get on the phone today, and look for another doc. It's also very important that you document EVERY event, conversation, etc., with dates so you can cover youself in the event that she does call.

I really wish you the best of luck, I went through 4 pediatricians until I found our current family doctor. I drive 1 1/2 hours to see him, but it is sooo worth it.

Please keep us posted, and know that you are doing what's best for your children. For every "study" that they can produce, we can match it!

Good Luck!
Caroline
February 2nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Rayel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stick to your guns, DO NOT let her bullying win! You can do it! Yes, find a new doc asap, never see her again. It's stories like this that just make my blood boil. YOU know what's best for you kids and don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise. I wish you luck! KUP!

Thank you Claire1979 for my signature

February 4th, 2011, 07:50 PM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! What a shameless bully! I live in PA too, and we cannot be turned in for not vaccinating our children. As others have said, document whatever you can in case she is crazy enough to turn you in, but really there is no case. Perhaps your ped has a strong personal conviction about vaccination or maybe the practice went "fully vaxed kids only" or something. Still, bullying and lying is completely unprofessional and I'd find someone else.

Our old practice (a family practice) was fine with not vaxing until one day the doctor said my DD was a danger to the practice and would have to be fully vaxed immediately to stay. Obviously the practice had a change of policy. I checked local forums and blogs and called doctor's offices to ask about their policies. Surprisingly, I found a hospital-associated pediatric practice that accepts unvaxed/partially vaxed children. I scheduled a tour with the office manager and met with one of the doctors before ever bringing my child in. It's a real pain to find a new place to go, but I would suggest asking to speak with the office manager and to meet a doctor before committing to the place. BTW the first practice was a family practice and I thought they were great with my kid. Until they changed their policy.

Good luck. Your old doctor does not "have" to turn you in for not vaxing and there is NO law in PA that says children must be vaxed. You can even get exemptions for most schools and preschools.

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

February 7th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We must be in the same Facebook group because I saw your post on a group that I post on I'm very sorry for what you're going through. I hope you can find a new doc ASAP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search