SIL wants us to get vaccinated!!

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Avery'smommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's due in 3 weeks and she wanted us to go visit so I could do newborn photos. Well the trip to WA is completely planned, timeshare, airline, etc. I just received an email from SIL asking that DH & I each get the Dtap vaccine before going near her baby. OMG is she crazy? She knows we are against vaccines and all too. She also requested DD not get near the baby. I'm at a loss.

Last edited by Avery'smommy; February 8th, 2011 at 12:21 AM.
February 8th, 2011, 12:05 AM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
Wow! I understand being cautious, but if none of you have symptoms of a cold/been exposed too pertussis I think that's a little over the top. Is she going to ask for proof? I mean how would she really know if you've gotten them? I'm not suggesting lying, but I'm just curious how far she's going to go with it. Will she not be taking the baby out in public too? What about daycare? I'd bring up all these situations and try to make her realize how ridiculous her request is.

February 8th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Avery'smommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Her and her DH both stay home and are house bums so I doubt that child will ever even see the light of day. I already told her we will not get any vaccines so sorry but we are canceling our trip.
February 8th, 2011, 05:40 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
wow. just wow. i have no words.

February 8th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
That is crazy. I would have done the same thing...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

February 8th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG that is just crazy!!!!! I would definitely be canceling my trip as well.
February 8th, 2011, 04:48 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My stupid phone messed this post up....here's what I meant to say!

Wow. You'd think she could have at least let you know BEFORE you made travel plans. How rude

Last edited by KtKuKi; February 8th, 2011 at 09:37 PM.
February 9th, 2011, 01:34 PM
stephi1997's Avatar Veteran
Wow..that is pretty rude. And ignorant. So sorry!
February 9th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I would be pretty annoyed.. I can see her point of view, I don't agree with it but can understand why, she has been indoctrinated with the propaganda of pro-vaccines.. It's something I have to keep reminding myself about other people, they can't help it if they choose to blindly believe..

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
February 10th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
what did she say when you canceled your trip? I mean...it's not like non-vaccinated people carry around diseases like dirty animals.....we just get sick when we get in contact with those particular germs...much like they do (LOL) but I just HATE when people are so uneducated about it that they think our very presence means they'll get sick..um hello...if I had whooping cough I wouldn't come visit....but I DONT so it's not like you'll get it from me without me even having it! ARGH....sooooooo frustrating...I'm so so sorry!!!! She sounds like a real Einstein!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search