Seriously???

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
One of my friends walked up to me yesterday and we started talking. We get to the how are you's and he said "Oh, I've got the flu." So I think he is kidding because who in their right mind would walk up to their friend knowing that their child is immunodeficient and just say that? So I was talking to him last night on FB and asked if he really had the flu or if he was just kidding. He doesn't answer. He walks up to me this morning after chapel and says, "I really do have the flu. The nurse told me it is still okay to go to class though as long as I don't cough on or touch anyone." WTH!?!?!?!? You don't have to cough on someone or touch them to spread the flu! Especially not with Danny's immune system!!! I am so livid right now. What kind of people are alive today? Seriously!?!?!?! Where have peoples' brains gone?!?!?! GRRRRRR!!!!!!

Elderberry has been my saving grace so far but this year is just rediculous. There was also a child that her parents sent her to school yesterday and the day before then took her to the DR last night and she had the flu the whole time!!!! She has flu A which is not covered under the vax...for all the other kids in the Pre-K and which Danny didn't have last time. ARRRRGGG!!!!!! I H.A.T.E. some people right now!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

February 9th, 2011, 10:36 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is very frustrating, especially since they know about Danny. It'd be one thing if they had no idea, but since they do, it is just rude! Do the parents at his school know, and still send in their kids when sick?

February 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM
stephi1997's Avatar Veteran
Grrrr...so frustrating! Some people are so stupid!!! I wonder sometimes how some people don't understand how germs spread. And what kind of "nurse" told him he could go around with the FLU as long as he didn't cough on anyone??

I really hope for yours and Danny's sake that you guys don't catch anything from these *start sarcasm* super nice people *end sarcasm*
February 10th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
UGH...I dont take my kids places when they have just a cough to protect other kids....but THE FLU??? Seriously....ugh.....HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
February 10th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I know! I had always respected the nurse until then. The parents knew she hadn't been acting right and that she was weak and sore all over...no fever for some reason until she was already at school...or so they say...but they had full information that should have added up. 2+2=4 no matter how you look at it and sore+weak= flu most of the time or should at least be treated as such until you know it isn't.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

February 10th, 2011, 07:49 PM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
Wow, I'd be pissed! I don't have an immunocompromised child, but I'm still paranoia about certain bugs and I hate when people don't use their brains. We went through a similar thing just recently, my cousins daughter had strain A of the flu and was told to keep her HOME for a week, so she thought it was okay after 3 days to bring her to dinner with us and our children since it was school I guess. Ugh, people just never cease to amaze and disappoint me.
I hope Danny stays well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search