exhausted! Warning - long post

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2011, 07:35 PM
stephi1997's Avatar Veteran
Hi! I haven't really had an opportunity to pop on here for more than a few minutes at a time but I just need to vent I guess a little - it's been rough going around here lately.

I brought Jackson to see a new naturopathic dr last month, and after an amazing appointment she confirmed my suspicions that his GI and sensory issues are all tied together with his neck issues (torticollis and probable fused vertebrae). She also believes that a lot of his GI and sensory issues are due to an antibiotic I took during my pregnancy and the bad reaction he had to the DTaP. So we are on detox remedy 2 (of 3) before we go back next week.

The first detox lasted 2 weeks and unfortunately he also got hit with an awful stomach bug during that time. I'm hoping the bug actually worked with the detox to flush his system. We started the second detox remedy and I feel like things have gotten so much worse. The Dr warned me that he might be clingy and fussy especially when we get to the DTap detox, but OMG!! I feel like we have taken so many steps backward. He had started to have at least one longer stretch of sleep at night (by longer I mean maybe 4 consecutive hours). But now he's been back to waking up crying every 15 minutes for stretches, sleeping maybe 1-2 hours and being awake for an hour or more in between. The worst is that the longer naps he had started taking during the day (1.5 - 2 hours) are back to 30 minutes (maybe an hour). He is also back to having random episodes of crying and screaming unless I'm holding him. And we still have one more detox to do - the DTaP. How much worse will it get??

I'm so beyond exhausted. He hasn't slept more than 4 consecutive hours since he was 4 months old. I will never be able to prove it but in my heart I know now that it was the vaccinations. I will never forgive myself fully for going against my gut, giving in and proceeding with the vax.

Sorry for the novel. I hope at least some of it makes sense! I'm so tired and frustrated and my husband's only response to my trying to vent is "let's put him in daycare".
February 17th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OH HUGS...that is so hard....I mean...I think it's great you are doing the detox...and I know you are having an exhausting time of it....just try to remember that it's short term and that once his system is righted he'll get back on a schedule....but in the mean time I TOTALLY understand! HUGS....

There are lots of things that are "unprovable" but we as parents know to be true...whether it's sleeping issues or much bigger issues....I'm praying that this detox works for you! HUGS HUGS HUGS......

As for dh's comment...girl I'm totally there....my husband hears me vent about my older children for some reason and then goes "PUBLIC SCHOOL"...he's supportive of homeschooling but would put them in public school in a heartbeat if I "let" him. So I do it cause *I* want to do it not because *we* want to do it....I know that it's way different cause your son is 10 months old...but I totally get that frustration of the TOTALLY unhelpful comment.

Do what I do in times like this...just keep repeating to yourself "it's only temporary...we'll get him back on a good sleep schedule when the detox is over....this is only for another week or so"...etc....every time he gets really exhausting to deal with...just say it again...and remind yourself WHY you are doing it. HUGS!!!!!!

On a side note...my 2 year old didn't sleep thru the night until she was forced to at 23 months....(aka "Milk went night night" ) LOL.....talk about exhausted!!! *sigh*....so I'm hopeful for you that he'll get back to his normal sleep routine for you soon!!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
February 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I am so sorry hon. Have you called the naturopath just to make sure that this is what they expected and he isn't reacting more severely than they expected? I am sorry that your husband isn't supportive through this. Will he lay and sleep with you? If you don't normally co-sleep it may be a tough decision but right now he needs to be with you as much as possible and if co-sleeping helps him get the rest he needs and you get the rest that you need I think it would be a good idea if it gets too stressful for you. Danny and I co-sleep when he is sick or having asthma flares so that I can watch him closely but as soon as he is better he goes back to his room. He is a little fussy the first night but he is sick so often that he has gotten to understand the routine. We sent of a hair test to see if the heavy metals in the vaccines are an underlying cause to most of Danny's issues. He knows there is one cause to everything we just have to figure out what that one cause is. I am assuming I will be in your shoes soon. I hope things start to get better for all of you really soon. ((((HUGS))))

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

February 17th, 2011, 12:13 PM
stephi1997's Avatar Veteran
Thanks so much for the support. I truly appreciate it. I'm really hoping that these detox remedies to what the dr expects. She said he would get fussy and clingy and this is what she expected. She said even the night time worsening could be the detox.

Before his 4 month vax, he was sleeping 5-6 hrs then waking up to eat and sleeping another 4-5 hrs. Since the 4 month visit, I'm lucky if he sleeps even one stretch of 4 hours. He sometimes wakes up screaming and almost always needs to be bounced to go back to sleep. The bouncing wasn't new - he's needed motion to go to sleep since he was born.

As for co-sleeping, when he was first born we co-slept nearly every night for a couple months. He only slept in his bassinet a handful of times before his reflux got too bad. Now he won't sleep anywhere except his bouncy seat. Very rarely I can get him to sleep with me...*if* he's already asleep. And even then he will only sleep for a couple hours at most. Then he wakes up, starts fussing, then screaming until I get up with him and eventually he'll only go back to sleep in his bouncer. I'd be THRILLED if he would sleep with me. It seems that he won't sleep anywhere he has to lay flat.

Thankfully today even though he woke up at 5am, he took an hour nap at 9 and has been sleeping since 2 (about an hour now).

Ugh... I do keep telling myself it is temporary and that this is just the beginning of what should be a positive path to getting him better. It is definately reaffirming my belief that I don't want him vaccinated anymore.

Last edited by stephi1997; February 17th, 2011 at 12:25 PM.
February 17th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS...I'm glad he slept more for you later....And hugs about the bouncing thing....eek...that would be a hard situation...I pray this all works quickly for him...and in the mean time...feel free to come on here and vent or talk or whatever....we're here for you!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
February 19th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I know when Danny is sick he will either lay with his feet on the other side of the bed and his head on my tummy or chest, or he will lay his head on my arm next to my shoulder. Maybe one of those positions would help him?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search