vaccine shedding

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've heard some of you talking about it but don't know exactly how that works.Can someone explain it to me? I babysit a little baby that is getting vaccinated today and im supposed to watch tomorrow.Should I tell her mom I can't watch her?
February 17th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
how old is the baby? The one I think I worry about most is just the flu vaccine...the others I'm not too worried about. My kids caught a shed version of the rubella I believe (unconfirmed)....but I figure the others really dont hurt them and might even help to some extent (though I don't believe they are fully immune...but can't hurt right)...so anyway...it's with the live virus vaccines....which, correct me someone if I'm wrong, are MMR, Varicella, and Flu....Those are the ones I can think of right away there might be others though? This is why they made the polio a dead virus vaccine cause more people were catching polio from the vaccine (or it's shedding) than they were the wild form...anyway....hth and i hope someone that might know more can chime in....I'll do a little googling later and see if I can find a definite link with info but I'm about to run out of the house for a bit.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
February 17th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
she is 9 months old i tried to look up the schedule but it seems like its what the dr chooses to give at that time because they say anytime between 6-12 months. so not sure which ones she'd be getting. also,isn't it true they're not supposed to get vaccinated when they're sick? she has a bad cough and even woke up choking,and a runny nose. my kids are also sick so im pretty worried about the vaccine shedding!
February 17th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Secondary Transmission: ?The short and sweet about live virus vaccine shedding. : Inside Vaccines

There ya go...that is what I found about it...most sites said this same thing HTH

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
February 17th, 2011, 09:23 PM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
She shouldn't get vaccinated while sick, but most Dr's will do it anyway. The other one to worry about is the one they do orally for rotavirus. That is live I believe and will transfer through bowel movements and she's obviously still in diapers.

February 18th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The unfortunate thing is that it can shed for up to 4 weeks. SO a day or two wont do you much good....I'd say get a box of gloves and use them when changing diapers just to be careful...it also comes out in saliva and snot....so I guess limiting what toys she's playing with (and making sure your child doesn't use them) would be best....

Fact is...vaccine shedding DOES happen but it's not as common for people to catch what they shed...though it DOES happen so I'm not claiming impossible...anyway...the percent of the population that is not vaccinated and the percent that is is drastically different numbers....we just have to be careful, and keep the kiddos up on their vitamins and such to keep them healthy to resist illness or to fight off illness quicker.

HUGS

February 19th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well turns out i didnt have to worry about it after all. they didnt end up vaccinating her since she was sick and i dont plan on watching her anymore since she wont pay me. thanks for your help!
February 19th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OY....been there done that for sure. HUGS....I hope they pay you what they owe you...what a frustration..but yay for not having to worry!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search