Anyone see this?

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2011, 10:23 PM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
The Autism Action Coalition

I'm pretty disturbed at this and the "unavoidably unsafe" is pretty nauseating.

February 23rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I am not really sure what to say. Someone just being ignorant and overpowered with misinformation was much easier to accept than a court saying that vaccines are unavoidably unsafe and yet demanding that children get all of the 70 and growing doses of "unavoidably unsafe" vaxes. How can people really think that the gov't (specifically the judicial system) is here to protect us when something like this happens???? Sometimes I would rather live in a third world country... I would move now but my son wouldn't survive without the meds and medical care he is getting here.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

February 24th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
disturbing and disgusting. UGH

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
February 24th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow.. That makes my stomach turn, I'm not even going to show DH he will freak out..

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
February 24th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Tofu Bacon
"Unavoidably unsafe" is a legal term that applies to pretty much all pharmaceutical products. It basically mean that there is no way to make the product completely free from side effects or adverse events in some users. For lack of a better example, peanut butter could be considered "unavoidably unsafe" because some people will have an allergic reaction, no matter how well the product is developed.
February 25th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
But they put on peanut butter jars that it contains nuts and people with the allergies know to avoid it. Vaccines are implied as being 100% safe so the fact they admit they are "unsafe" and yet refuse to compensate people for injuries resulting from that is appaling...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

February 25th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post
But they put on peanut butter jars that it contains nuts and people with the allergies know to avoid it. Vaccines are implied as being 100% safe so the fact they admit they are "unsafe" and yet refuse to compensate people for injuries resulting from that is appaling...

Yes...that is the part that really makes me upset...

though I didn't know that about the phrase...thanks for the insight

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
February 25th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Tofu Bacon
No reputable source implies that vaccines (or any other drug) are 100% safe. The manufacturers, the CDC, FDA, et al all acknowledge that there is an unavoidable risk of injury in a small number of recipients.

The problem is the bizarre spin being put on this case. The family's claim was denied in vaccine court because they were not able to meet the burden of proof, which is lower than would be expected in a state or federal court. The Supreme Court ruling wasn't about whether they were entitled to compensation, but whether they should be able to sue in a state court. In other words, does the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Act of 1986 preempt all design defect suits, including those whose claims were denied in Vaccine Court?
February 25th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Tofu Bacon
I personally don't feel the ruling was fair. One of the hallmarks of the Act of 1986 was for claims to first be heard in Vaccine Court before the plaintiff could file a suit in lower courts. Granted, if your claim is denied in Vaccine Court, the odds of winning in state or federal court is very slim, but families should be able to so if they've already played by the NVICP's rules. ETA: I think Justice Sotameyer (sp?) hit the nail on the head when she questioned whether the ruling was made out of fear of what will happen when the Omnibus Autism Proceedings wrap up; those 5000 families would be looking to sue in lower courts, too.

Last edited by Tofu Bacon; February 25th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.
February 25th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Tofu Bacon
ETA: I think Justice Sotameyer (sp?) hit the nail on the head when she questioned whether the ruling was made out of fear of what will happen when the Omnibus Autism Proceedings wrap up; those 5000 families would be looking to sue in lower courts, too. I understand that protecting the vaccine manufacturers is a necessary evil, but this is just too much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search