What more do you need???

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Indyarocks Videos - Bill Gates Population Reduction TED 2010

The bam is in the last 60 seconds. o.O How do people think that we are rediculous when he comes out and says something like this?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

February 25th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nice!!!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
February 25th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would like to see the whole presentation, as sometimes with stuff like this I wonder if it is taken out of context.. The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation funds quite a few vaccination campaigns in third world countries, makes you wonder...

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
February 25th, 2011, 10:26 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I would like to see the whole presentation, as sometimes with stuff like this I wonder if it is taken out of context.. The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation funds quite a few vaccination campaigns in third world countries, makes you wonder...
I was thinking the same thing. I have to be skeptical of something that is just a clip. It could have been taken completely out of context...

February 26th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bill Gates on Sustainability at TED 2010 - Improvisations - MIT Sloan Management Review

This is the whole clip. I think... I don't have time to watch everything but if someone does let us know.

February 26th, 2011, 04:37 PM
SpankyMagoo's Avatar Gonna make Jo a big sis
No No No No No... Im a lurker here and I love learning information here... but I couldnt let this one slide.

While he did a super bad job of explaining what he meant, there is a perfectly good explanation for what he said that does no include poisoning or sterilizing people.

The countries in the world with the highest infant mortality rates are also the ones with the highest population growth. Check it out:
Population Growth: List of countries by population growth rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mortality Rate: List of countries by infant mortality rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So by increasing prenatal care and vaccines in these regions the infant mortality rate will go down and so will the population growth.

While I am still not sold on vaccines. This is just silliness. If there was a serious plot to poison the third world, I dont think they would talk about it at a conference.

Last edited by SpankyMagoo; February 26th, 2011 at 04:53 PM.
March 4th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That makes a lot more sense. And you are 100% right. Too many dangling modifiers and pronouns without references. I was completely lost. lol Thanks for clarifying for us.

March 4th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
So by increasing prenatal care and vaccines in these regions the infant mortality rate will go down and so will the population growth.
I still dont get this? Maybe I'm having a slow moment....better prenatal care and vaccines will make infant death go down...ok...but how does that make population growth go down?

I'm probably thinking too hard lol...and making it harder than it is....but that just is confusing me.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 4th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If the infant mortality rate goes down then people won't have 15 kids hoping that one will survive until they are old.

March 5th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty sure that isn't why people have that many kids...Maybe in some cases yes....but most cases I doubt it. But I guess that I've not personally talked to people in a 3rd world country to know for sure. ??

But thanks for explaining what he meant

March 5th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is a third world country only thing. Developed countries don't have these issues but when the population is facing starving, rampant illness, and other conditions they will have as many children as they can (more or less) in hopes that at least one child will survive. I live on a bible college campus and we have medical missionaries that come and speak. They have repeatedly told about women that have 12 children and none survive because the conditions in that area are so bad either through lack of food, rampant illness, or other conditions. That is an extreme to have none survive which is why there is so much population growth in countries that have a high infant mortality rate...

March 6th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to pop in and ask this.

Why would we need to do population decreases in countries that barely use any resources? Wouldn't we need to decrease like, America which uses 24% of the world's resources?

Anyways, back to your convo. Thank you for sharing!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

March 6th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont think that it's about America's population but about our greed as a nation. We have a greedy nation that is all about bigger and better. Most people live way outside their means or their needs and personally I dont think it's the population that does it. I see people that build a house that would fit 12 adults comfortably lol...and they have two kids....Or businesses that tear down...just to remodel into something fancy that is not really much bigger....and tons of people that dont recycle a single thing because it's too much work (coming from a person that got snapped at by my dh cause I didn't take my recycling in as often and he had a half a truck load of just cardboard from the last several months to take to the bins LOL)....

Anyway....I think that if EVERYONE were more usage conscience it would help our country....and others that are in the same boat. *sigh*....I have a lot of issues with our country right now, though, so maybe i'm not the right person to voice my thoughts! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search