New here :) DD is unvaccinated, in laws think I'm irresponsible.

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2011, 05:04 PM
mama_aud26's Avatar Mommy of 2 girls!
They are SO judgmental! I don't judge anyone who vaccinates, I just choose not to. I wish I had the same respect for my decision that I give for other peoples' decisions. They don't even know or take seriously any of the horror stories about bad reactions to vaccines- how would they feel if their granddaughter died because of something they pressured me into allowing to be injected into my baby??! UUGH! It's not like I WANT my children to get pertussis or any other disease. I am just uncomfortable with injecting a neurotoxic chemical into my tiny child.
March 10th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugg, I hate it when people act like that.. The only advice I have is to ignore them, you know what is best for your child..

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
March 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my MIL that I did tons of research and am confident with my decision. I told her she was welcome to read the books I had. Of course she hasn't, but she also knows that I know way more than her I'd agree with just ignoring them or not bringing up the subject. Welcome!

March 10th, 2011, 07:56 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so not looking forward to telling ppl I plan not to vaxx our child. (I won't be running around shouting it, but if asked I will tell them the truth.) My hubby isn't even fully on board w/ this, but I've told him that I'm just not comfortable vaxxing and have done my research. I can't even remember the last time I got a vaxx and don't plan on getting any (even for whooping cough) so why would I expect my precious tiny baby to be jabbed full of toxins.

Next time they get on your case, you should give them a list of books to read and tell them to contact you once they've done that and you can have a civil conversation about it, but until then they should keep their opinions to themselves.
March 10th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i feel you. my inlaws were like that and still in some ways are but my mil went to a dr and told him we dont vaccinate and he said his kids and grandkids arent either so she's a little more excepting.
March 11th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You know...I have IL's that are just like that....they dont like that we didn't vaccinate Olive or that the other kids didn't continue their vaccinations (once I'd done my research)....My dh's grandparents were even talking to us (him) about it (amazingly nobody talks to ME about it)....we finally came up with the line "She has everything she needs, thanks for your concern".....if they said "so then she's got her vaccinations" we just repeated "She has everything she needs"....it seemed to work...nobody says anything to us anymore. I dont know if it is cause they think we got the vax's or if they think that we aren't going to budge but it hushed them. LOL...

I'm more than willing to tell people my stance on vaccines...but most people dont want to hear...so if I have someone listening that is actually going to LISTEN then I'll take the time to talk to them and recommend books and such...if it's someone who just wants to argue and debate and tell me how awful I am for not sacrificing my child for the "betterment of mankind" (load of bull)....so anyway...some family members I'm on a "agree to disagree" stance with them...and others it's just a topic we both avoid.

Of coarse I dont talk about organic food, plastic containers, toys made in china or other plastic/battery toys, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, etc with many of them either....none of them agree....shoot....Olive was barely 6 months old at a family gathering (she wasn't even eating solids yet) and I found them giving her JELLO!!!! argh...

Anyway....so yeah....I know how you feel....dont let them sway you....just keep strong in your decision and stand firm....and know YOU have done the research and they haven't....if they had done research...then they'd have a right to discuss it with you...until then they dont!

HUGS and WELCOME to CNTV!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 11th, 2011, 07:44 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
We keep the non-vaxing on a don't ask don't tell level

March 11th, 2011, 04:38 PM
DH isn't fully on board either but he is very sweet and we have compromised- the daughter we have together will be up to date with her vaccines before entering preschool, but no vaccines before 12 months.

I'm definitely going to start keeping my mouth shut more, and since I rarely talk about it anyway I assume that means only talking to our pediatrician and the hospital staff when I give birth lol.

Thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_piggy View Post
I am so not looking forward to telling ppl I plan not to vaxx our child. (I won't be running around shouting it, but if asked I will tell them the truth.) My hubby isn't even fully on board w/ this, but I've told him that I'm just not comfortable vaxxing and have done my research. I can't even remember the last time I got a vaxx and don't plan on getting any (even for whooping cough) so why would I expect my precious tiny baby to be jabbed full of toxins.

Next time they get on your case, you should give them a list of books to read and tell them to contact you once they've done that and you can have a civil conversation about it, but until then they should keep their opinions to themselves.
We're definitely in the same boat! As well as DDC lol I don't mind getting vaccinated, but if I ever have an adverse reaction then I will probably reevaluate that decision. DH was a marine and he got shot up with all sorts of junk! He opted out of the anthrax shot because of the chance of sterility, thank God! Although he sides with his family, he is still willing to do some research for himself. He is stubbornly on the "go with the majority" kick as opposed to doing what's best for our children- but at least he respects my decision. I have a few good books that I should offer the in-laws, my MIL would actually read them too so that's a good idea! FIL can be kind of a jerk about it, but he never talks directly to me- he just talks to DH and says that HIS grandchildren better be vaccinated (since DD has a different biological dad- though DH is the only daddy she's ever known) so it hurts my feelings that they act like that towards me and my babies. Boo! But to each his own I suppose, it doesn't help if I just hold on to bitterness- I'll just forgive their bad behavior lol
March 11th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly...we started out with delaying at least 6 months...then a year...then the more research I did and the more I read to my husband the more he came around...and now he's on my side totally. He trusts my research and my passion for it....

I'm glad he's being sweet and semi supportive. Maybe he'll come around once she's older....or maybe you can convince him to delay for a couple more years....or whatever makes you most comfortable....going against the grain has to start somewhere...being willing to wait a year is a GREAT first step...

Also...feel free to chat among us We love to talk (though this isn't a hugely active place)....when we post we DO love to chat Feel free to ask questions...many of us here dont post things all the time but if someone needs help tons of people come out of the woodwork

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post

Also...feel free to chat among us We love to talk (though this isn't a hugely active place)....when we post we DO love to chat Feel free to ask questions...many of us here dont post things all the time but if someone needs help tons of people come out of the woodwork
Thank you so much!! my mom is ALL about the non-vax, go against the grain, fight for your own personal health care type person- but she's starting week 8 on Sunday of fighting for her life the main artery in her heart dissected (basically broke) and it has been one heck of a roller coaster so I don't have anyone to talk to about all this!! =/ I miss her. She is the one who bought me the books I have on vaccinations and everything
March 12th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome that she's so supportive. I'm so sorry that she's having heart troubles right now though...how awful. I will keep her in my prayers!!!!

HUGS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search