My friend told me about a family with 2 kids- 1 autistic, 1 died :(

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM
mama_aud26's Avatar Mommy of 2 girls!
I posted a few times on my Facebook some links for information on immunizations- never again! I got a poop-storm of judgmental responses, lesson learned lol! A friend of mine was pregnant (ended up losing the baby, it was very sad ) but she is trying to learn all the information she can about vaccinations and adverse reactions, autism, prevalence of the diseases they are meant to protect our kids from, etc. She told me this horror story of a family that her stepkids went to school with- the first child ended up autistic after his shots when he was developing normally, so they opted out of vaccinations for their second son. There was an outbreak of measles in his school and he died of measles, several other children caught it also but no one else died.

This story really shook me up and started some conversations between my husband and I- he said he would rather have an autistic child than burying a child, which I completely understand and agree with- but the chance of our children being 100% perfectly healthy without vaccines is much larger than the risk of dying from something crazy and rare like measles Isn't that so crazy though??! It reminds me that western medicine might be riddled with money hungry pharmaceutical companies, but there is something to be said for immunizations. I just wish there was a safe way to protect our kids without harming their brains and development. Oi vey! It's hard being a parent. I just pray about what I'm supposed to do for my own children instead of listening to the CDC, pediatrician, in-laws or anyone else. I trust God with my babies more than anyone else! He'll guide me in the right decisions for my kids, plus- they're His children anyway! They're just on loan to me while on this earth
March 12th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would start by looking up the risks of dying of measles. First of all unless you've talked to the family directly that lost the child...it's hard to know. It's hard to know if it happened just like that. What about how they cared for the measled child. What did they do. One of the most serious things on measles if I remember correctly is that people will start to feel better before they ARE better and be active and that can be detrimental....staying in bed and taking it easy are ESSENTIAL. Also...there are several deaths from vaccines...it's a double edge sword. You have to choose which side you feel safer on.

Personally....there are people that have died from simple illnesses like chicken pox as well...measles...etc....it depends on how the body reacts...how they are cared for...and several other circumstances. Not just "it was measles" that tells a person nothing.

You have to let facts, research, prayer (if you pray) and such guide you...not fear...if you let fear guide you...either way....then you aren't going to feel good about the decision. You are either scared of the vaccination reaction or scared of teh disease...this isn't the way to decide....get information on what the disease is...the likelihood of death...how to care for a person with the disease...what the vaccine contains...side effects from the vaccine...PROOF that taking said toxin's WORKS.....etc....decide which side of the fence is best for your family and what makes you feel the best.

HUGS...it's not an easy decision. But if you are delaying shots anyway...then you have plenty of time to come up with a decision that fits you best.

I post links on my FB....if someone were to post something like that I'd find information about measles and post it then...how common death is when properly cared for...etc....You can also delete comments taht you feel are unproductive to teh conversation....or that should be handled in private and not on your wall....HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I kinda had the same question, like with all the advances in medicine nowadays shouldn't someone survive measles??!! lol I just thought it was a SUPER ironic and hardcore example of pros and cons of BOTH sides ya know. Like.. what the heck are the odds??!
March 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah...that would be a dreadful position to be in. And hard for you to come up with a response unless you were to just answer with questions. *sigh*...it's tragic even if there were other factors in on it....nobody should have to bury their child!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 15th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Tofu Bacon
Hmm... wasn't that an episode of Private Practice a couple of years ago?
March 18th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I have no idea I don't watch it, it was at a local school in town I guess..
March 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu Bacon View Post
Hmm... wasn't that an episode of Private Practice a couple of years ago?
You are correct it was called "Contamination" here's a site with the full explanation of the episode Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - Private Practice - ABC.com

March 19th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmm...not that it couldn't be based off of a true story...but that is odd....

(also giving a measles vaccine after the child already had measles would be POINTLESS!!!! but it does add drama to the television show lol)....I just had to LOL about that....it's not like the vaccine CURES measles...it has the measles virus and your body is supposed to become immune because of that....anyway...

It does make you wonder....

March 23rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does this friend also know someone who was engaged to be married and then found out his wife was screwing his best man? They had already left the deposits so they went ahead with the wedding and at the reception he asked everyone to look under their seats.... only to *gasp* find a picture of his new bride and the best man?

Sorry for the tongue-in-cheek response, but this 'friend' has a REALLY FISHY story.

March 24th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Amanda!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search