I had Danny's naturopath phone appointment today. :)

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
It went really well. His hair tests didn't show much specifically other than being in the "suspicious" category of heavy metal toxicity. Due to Danny's medical history and timing of setbacks in his life we are going to do a Chelation(sp) therapy trial. We are also adding an unpasteurized, 100% natural whey supplement to Danny's diet. (aka...anything that you can add to say it is not harmful or damaging at all like most whey powders are) Danny can digest unpasteurized milk but cannot digest pasteurized milk because the enzymes that assist in digestion (which most people produce on their own anyway) are denatured in pasteurization thus rendered useless. We are hoping for two things with the whey. 1) We are hoping that it will help his immune system and aid in digestion more as he is still having issues with that. 2) We are hoping that the fat and protiens in this will help him to gain weight which he STILL is not doing.

Regarding the reason for Chelation(sp) therapy. Danny's health problems seem to have skyrocketed around the time that he got his 6 month shots (MMR included which has high levels of thimersol (sp). Danny's hair test came back with low levels of Mercury but according to the naturopath's history of cases patients with high or even toxic levels of mercury in their systems will usually come back with low or normal levels of mercury in their hair. We are doing a trial for at least three weeks with one daytime round of one part, then the next week one daytime round with the second part, then the next week one daytime round with both parts. We are doing this 1)to see if he reacts indicating that he has heavy metals in his body that are causing problems and 2) to see if he can tolerate the therapy. Bringing out the metals from the body can cause allergic reactions up to ANA. By testing the parts individually we need to see if he can tolerate the weight based dose or if we need to lower it and build up. If we start Chelation(sp) therapy he will be starting this summer (so that the most problematic portion of the therapy will be while he and I are both out of school) and it will last from 1-2 years... It is a cycle of doses every 4 hours, around the clock, for three days followed by a 4 day break. The cycle is then repeated for 1-2 years. If we miss a dose, we stop that cycle and start again the next week. I really hope that we don't have to do this. Not because it is hard, but because 1) I don't want to wake Danny up every 4 hours all night, and 2) I have a habit of sleeping through my alarm if I haven't had enough sleep which would be detrimental to this whole thing. I am really hoping that we will get results with the whey powder but if we don't the naturopath is pretty sure that heavy metals might be the smoking gun behind everything. It was a good appointment, just a lot on me...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

March 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
wow! i hope this is your answer!!!

March 16th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a good appointment! I'm glad you are getting things figured out

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
March 16th, 2011, 06:45 PM
stephi1997's Avatar Veteran
Wow - a lot to process! It sounds like you have some good, well thought out game plans. I hope the whey produces results for Danny! The Chelation therapy sounds very demanding. Is the dosing something that maybe he could sleep through while you do it?
March 16th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It doesn't sound like it. It is a powder that I will have to divide because the capsules don't come in a low enough dose, then mix in something and feed it to him. I am just really nervous because my body is very obstinate. If my brain doesn't have enough sleep...literally at LEAST 8 hours...I will not hear my alarm...at all. I hear Danny crying when that happens but I sleep right through my alarm if it is earlier than 7 am usually. I am not sure at all on how I can change this. I was bipolar...badly bipolar...before I was pregnant with Danny but due to hormonal imbalances during pregnancy my brain was "reset" to produce the right chemicals in the right ratios again. However, my brain...like when I was still in the throws of bipolar...n.e.e.d.s sleep... I am nervous because if you miss one dose...just one...that cycle has to stop and you can start on the first day of the next cycle... Cycles will start on Saturdays and finish on Mondays. If I miss a dose Sunday night...that cycle has to stop and can't start another one until the following Saturday. That is why I am nervous about starting. I don't want to be the sole one to blame for not being able to do this for my son...

March 17th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think napping and an earlier bed time would help maybe? Also...with your intense worrying I'm sure your mind will allow you to do this....I'm not sure of your whole home situation...is your dh/so there? Can he help wake you or take the night time feedings so that you can get your rest and be yourself? Or maybe during the cycles you could stay at a parent's house and have them help....or have them stay with you? I'm just thinking of ideas on how to handle it.

Prayerfully the whey will work...what an easy fix that would be....so glad he's doing great with the raw milk. The guy we used to get our milk from stated that one way they make sure the milk is pasteurized enough is to make sure that enzyme (which aids digestion) is "dead"....which is why my dd who gets eczema from processed milk can have raw milk as well....her body digests it normally.

Anyway...praying the raw whey does the job....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 17th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am divorced, so no one here to help. We technically could stay with my parents during the cycles but it would be every Saturday, Sunday and Monday for 1-2 years. It pretty much defeats the purpose of having our own house. My mom also has twin four year olds and a six year old so likely wouldn't be much help in the overnight department. I am a full time plus student and have a part time job to help pay for school so getting a nap or an earlier bed time are pretty unlikely until summer classes are over at the end of June. :/

According to Cinci Children's they do have several patients that still don't gain weight with enzyme replacement and high calorie diets. I called his GI back this morning to check on a few more questions and got that answer as well as the following. "The reason we need to wait until the genetic test comes back is because of insurance. If we try to get you in before the genetic test comes back it will be really difficult, but if we wait until after it comes back and it is positive then it would be easy to get you to Cinci and you would go on a regular basis. If he doesn't have the gene, they might want to see him once but that is probably all he would need other than phone consults between the doctors here." Did I mention that Cinci has suggested that Danny get a hematologist about a dozen times and the GI still won't refer us to one??? "I am doing monthly CBC's so that should be all he needs unless something changes." GRrrrr......

March 17th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
GRRR on the cinci thing....*sigh*...if it were their child they'd hurry along a little better....

And HUGS about the situation with your overnights....Hopefully it doesn't come to that...if it does...I'm positive you'll find a routine that just works best with you guys!!! HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 17th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the encouragements.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search