New to This

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2011, 12:57 PM
carsonsmom26's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband and I recently decided to discontinue vaccinations for our one year old. Family members and friends are being so hateful about our decision! They really make me feel like a terrible mother! Do you have any book or website recommendations for us?
Like I said we are new to this and need all of the advice we can get!
Thanks!

Also, we have her on a homeopathic drop at the moment. VaxReaction. We saw Dr. Tennant in Irving, Texas who suggested this. Has anyone tried this?
March 18th, 2011, 02:44 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Please feel free to ask any questions. We're always here to help. I just bumped a thread about what non-vaxing books we've read, and there are some good ones on there.

I think we all deal with family and "concerned" friends in our own way. I bombard them with things I've read and then they just don't know what to say! Others just don't bring up the topic.

Reading and feeling informed about your decision will help all around, it definitely gave me the confidence to deal with people and calmed my worries about not vaccinating.

March 18th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Same here...until I was informed about why I chose not to further vax with reliable sources all I could say was "this person says, and that person says" which didn't go well at all. Once I was able to quote and guide people to reliable sources people didn't push as much and were almost afraid to be convinced. They stopped asking. lol

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

March 19th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have had both sides....some people I talk to want nothing to do with the conversation...some people are genuinely interested....And some people can't do anything but voice their strong opposition to it. I have some family members on my side of the debate...some that agree to disagree about it...and some that we finally just told them (when they asked if we finally vaccinated) that we have given the kids everythign they need.

We currently homeschool and when we once considered sending them to public school dh's grandpa who is STRONGLY against our decision said "if you do that they'll have to be given their vax's they wont let them in if you dont"...it was for my oldest who IS fully vaxed (shows how much they know about our situation)...and I said "oh she is!" LOL....and then said but even if she wasn't you dont have to have all vaccinations you can sign a waiver. *sigh*....anyway my point is that you'll probably end up with some that come to see the light and some that just wont even consider that you are making a wise choice.

You'll have to find what works for you as far as sharing that information.

I've never used the homeopathic remedy you talk about....sounds interesting though!

either way...WELCOME to CNTV and make yourself comfy...we are here to support you and help you in any way we can! The sticky (welcome sticky) at the top has some great links on it. If you ever have a minute to just scroll back there are tons of great posts on this forum that are in the back pages. Most of the best ones with the best links are very long posts lol...some will have just a few posts but you can usually tell by looking at them if they contain a link lol....in any case....if I'm looking for information on it...I come here and search thru the old posts first....

Feel free to ask Q's though... We were all in your shoes at some point. All of us were new to CNTV at one point in time. I have four kiddos. Three have had vaccines and one hasn't. I'm pregnant with another baby who wont have any....my older kids two are now considered partially vaccinated casue they haven't and wont receive booster shots and one is "fully vaccinated" (except for some of the newer shots that came out after she was past that age and for chick. pox cause she had it naturally)....

HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM
carsonsmom26's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow!
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!
I can already tell that I am going to love it here! Great resources!

I too have a child that is fully vaccinated. After making the decision to stop giving our daughter injections we began to look over our sons childhood.(he is ten) When he was an infant he received several shots in one appointment ( I always hated that) A few weeks later he experienced sezuires/passing out episodes. He was admitted to the hospital after it continued for several days. They ran test after test with nothing........So, we were sent home with a machine for him to wear at night that would inform us if he stopped breathing. Needless to say, he finally "outgrew it". We were told by several doctors that he was NORMAL.....Nothing to worry about! They assured me it was NOT from the injections.

Now we look back on that and can't help but think that it was the vaccines.........I hate the we didn't learn these things before we started with Caydi's vac's.

Her doctors office called last week to remind me that she is past due for shots........I said "yes , I know, thank you". We are in the process of switching over to a more natural doctor.

Thanks again ladies!
March 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
So scary with your son. I am glad you are listening to your gut this time around and not letting your dr bully you. I generally keep my decision to myself. It is easier that way

March 20th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How scary....And you know...there are TONS of occurrences like that that the doctors dont report...so the vaccine reaction statistics we KNOW are way off cause some are just "normal" childhood things....and definitely aren't counted as reactions...Your son's SEVERE reaction included!!!!

EEK!!!!

Glad to have you here!!! Again...hop in and ask/comment/vent whatever...ANYtime!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search