What would..

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
What would you say to this. I have a few things on my mind but don't want to lose my cool. This person knows I do not vax and this was pretty much said to me.

"

I live in an area that has many "earthy" people who don't believe in vaccines for their chemicals, side affects, unnatural ways, BUT, as a result, I also live in an area who recently experienced a severe comeback of whooping cough, with the highest rates of illnesses and fatalities in babies, in the state. FROM the whooping cough because not enough people vaccinated to rule it out. so thank you to the parents who choose not to vaccinate and jeopardise other people's children. so kind of you"
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
March 27th, 2011, 07:06 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I searched a little and found some articles we linked when talking about whooping cough, which is also bringing my memory back a little...most people who are getting whooping cough ARE vaccinated against it. I believe it is said that WC surges every 5 years or so. Here are the articles:
Vaccination Is Steady, but Pertussis Is Surging - NYTimes.com
Skeptics warn against vaccine hype as whooping cough epidemic hits California | CAIVN

I'm sure Martha can help you out some more...she always has well thought out answers, mine usually sound like rambling!

March 27th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
Thanks for getting back to me!! Both those links are a good read
12 failed IUIs followed
March 27th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I'm not sure if its in those articles or not, but I know we also talked about how just because you are vaccinated, you can still be a carrier of the disease.

And, just UGH, to your "friends" comment. People are so ignorant. That is the best thing about researching and knowing what you are talking about. I find most people just shut up when they realize I know way more than they do on the subject!

March 27th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
LOL!!! Nice. Sadly, I am not to that point yet and just wind up saying, "I did the research and am doing what I feel is best for my situation. You can choose what you feel is best for yours."

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

March 28th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Kaite....

I think if it were me I'd say...well because of vaccines people can be carriers of WC and not even know it because it's just a regular "cough" to them...WC vaccine doesn't make you immune to WC...it just lessens the symptoms....if my child or I were to get WC...we'd know since we aren't vaccinated...and we'd know to STAY HOME.....so that we wouldn't spread our germs. However...a vaccinated child can catch WC and then go around others and STILL spread the virus to those unvaccinated...not caught up on vaccinations...or too young for the vaccination. These diseases are common and in areas like ours they go thru cycles where they are worse than other times. I also can rest easy knowing that IF my child gets WC...she'll have true immunity to it...she may catch the virus again but it wont be as severe as the first time....We are each entitled to our opinion...but one thing is for sure...if you are going to start "thanking" sarcastically those of us who dont vaccinate...maybe you should do a little research first to make sure you know WHAT vaccines do and how they work. PS...according to the studies...MOST of the people that have WC...are vaccinated Good day to you, too!!!

That's long winded...but people like that really rub me the wrong way!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 28th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm assuming this was a FB status? In that case I would probably want to

"I live in an area where there are many trashy parents who don't realize how important nutrition is when it comes to their childrens' immune systems. In our area many babies have died from the flu because parents feed their kids lunchables, kraft dinner and hot dogs and believe that vaccines for difficult to predict strains of flu will keep them more safe than a healthy body and immune system, so THANK YOU for that."

March 28th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Martha and Amanda....LOVE IT!! You ladies always know the right thing to say!

April 3rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaite View Post
Martha and Amanda....LOVE IT!! You ladies always know the right thing to say!
I agree!!! Thanks SOOO much ladies!!
12 failed IUIs followed
April 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I have a crush on you ladies!
April 4th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are a sassy bunch huh....Make yourself comfy here and become part of the sassy goodness that flows thru our board

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
April 6th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Mom 2 Alayna N Hayden's Avatar Texan In Seattle
Wow... What a snark, JamieLynn. I would link some of the information that the other ladies gave, either on your FB status for all to read, or through an email/message.

Siggy by RASPBERRYBERET!!
April 7th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Avery'smommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
if you put the info on ur status, you can bet I will be right there to back you up
April 7th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
^^yeah that....but let us know when/if you do it cause it may not pop up on my home page and I dont always look around at others that dont pop up

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search