I need to vent...

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I was really hoping that this naturopathic doctor would help. So far it doesn't seem to be doing much. He is only in the office Tues, Wed, and Sat and apparently doesn't email responses...the out of office contact method... until those days as well...or after a few of his business days if they are busy. Example....I emailed him last Sunday evening about Danny not eating following the first day of Chelation trial...no response...Monday he had still eaten nothing at all so I called his GI and they had us come in immediately. Naturodude finally answered my email SATURDAY!!! He didn't even answer my questions...just asked me more questions. I answered him within 5 minutes as I was checking my email when he responded and have I heard back yet? NO! Danny is still not eating more than a few bites per meal...like 3-4...and we had to go back to he GI today! What is the point of having a naturopathic doctor to help keep everything headed in the right direction if he never responds to important questions such as "is this making my son do x,y,and z or do I need to find another explanation? X,y, and z aren't little things like he is burping a lot. They are important concerns that need addressed ASAP if they aren't caused by chelation. I am starting to feel VERY uncomfortable having him treat Danny... Naturopathy is illegal in TN so they have to practice under something else...his is accupuncture for instance but he is mostly a naturopath. My reason for saying that is that there isn't really a way for me to just hop around and find another one. For one thing, everything I have done is 100% out of pocket. For a full time student, single mother with a part time job, that is a tall order! Ugh....I just don't know what to do. I am trying to do what should be best for my son and it seems to be causing nothing but more problems...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

March 28th, 2011, 07:25 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Something does seem off about that guy. My naturopath can be forgetful, like saying she'll call about something, and then not, but she is attentive, and if I call the office, she gets right back with me. She will mail me results of bloodwork, with personal notes, even if I'm seeing her within the week.

Have you considered traveling to a different doctor? I looked up some around you, well around Knoxville, and there is one in Asheville, NC, which looks about 2 hours away. I know that is a drive, but if he were receiving better care, it would be worth it. And maybe one of these places would take your insurance, and that would make up for having to drive there? I don't know...if you aren't feeling right about this dr, I would think it would be hard to keep going to someone you weren't comfortable with. Just my thoughts...

March 29th, 2011, 04:54 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I would look for someone else. I do not know too terribly much about Naturopathy, but I ALWAYS respond to patient's emails, generally within an hour or two, definitely SAME DAY, unless for the rare occassion I am out of town and unable to access the internet or blackberry. Wow. That is just terrible. I would check out the Asheville person. I think you need a better care provider.

March 29th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the others....Prompt response is necessary...especially with limited in office hours....*sigh*..I'm sorry you are goign thru this...Keep us posted on what you decide....HUGs

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 29th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Danny has state medicaid so they 100% won't pay for anything alternative... If this was during the summer I would consider the one 2 hours away but there is just no way that I can have a doctor that far away without a local backup... I already have to miss class way more than allowed...I have to appeal all my absences this semester. He did finally get back to me this morning... I have just pasted the email below. I figure that is better than a paraphrase from me.

(Greetings and salutations erased)

Iím truly sorry for not responding to your emails in a more timely manner. After reading your emails I would recommend discontinuing the chelation protocol until further notice due to his lack of appetite and GI distress that seems to be associated with the protocol. It seems that the protocol is too much for his system at this time. Letís continue to address his GI issues with other approaches with a focus on diet, acupuncture or acupressure, and herbal/dietary supplements from the traditional Chinese medical system. I feel that we can give significant relief using these methods. Please call or email to schedule an appointment asap.

(email over)

I really don't think I can do all this. He is allready on more than double the "medications" that he was on before. They are all supplements like Zinc, Vit A, Lauricedin, Propiotics, Selenium, etc but it is a lot on him and a lot on me. I don't really want to mess with him anymore. He is digging himself deep enough without me sending him to a doctor that seems to only be making him worse. I don't like this and really don't want to do it. I can't afford it really now and with everything he is proposing it will be a nightmare trying to just make ends meet. The Asheville one would be nice if it wasn't so far away. To give you guys an idea about how stressed I have been I got a new biteguard from my dentist three weeks ago that was supposed to last 2-3 years. I have already broken one edge from grinding and worn a hole through the other side. I just need to be able to understand what is going on with my son and right now I am not getting that. He should have gotten back to me on Tuesday at the latest and said stop the therapy rather than waiting until he had already had three rounds of it.

March 29th, 2011, 03:25 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
(((((hugs)))))))) go with your gut and if your gut says to discontinue treatments, then do so!

March 29th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He has emailed me back twice today and they are letting me pick up the new suggested herbs and supplements Thursday even though they aren't normally open. This has given me the boost I needed to at least give them one more chance. He is mixing a chinese herb remedy to help calm his GI tract from the chelation and hopefully calm overall symptoms he has had recently. He is waiting for a while on any of the other suggestions and said that since I have sent such detailed emails an appointment isn't really necessary for him to understand the issues. That solves my financial problem since the herbs apparently don't cost much really. I really hope this is going to work. As long as he keeps in contact at a reasonable pace I will stay with him. If he starts slacking off on contact again we will leave the office but until then we will just have to wait and see what happens...

March 29th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OH yay for the small relief of him mixing the herbs for you to pick up without an appt. I'm so sorry you are going thru all of this...I really wish that you had an easy answer....know that we are here for you for all venting and frustration...Great big HUGS!!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search