Drawing attention

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 07:29 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After I received my vaccine reminder from the insurance company, I joked to my mom that I was going to call them and let them know that my daughter's vaccines were none of their business. She freaked out and told me not to draw any attention to the fact that we don't vaccinate. Is this something your worry about? I mean, legally, can't I refuse vaccines? Do you avoid drawing attention to the fact you don't vaccinate?

March 29th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with her KIND OF....It's not illegal to turn down vaccines BUT insurance companies CAN deny coverage if you aren't up to THEIR par on health care...For example...my insurance company could deny covering the midwifery care (even though they normally cover this) if they found out it was for homebirth, which they have a stance against...based on a faulty study....which just irks me to no end....but anyway...I stay under the radar as well...for this reason.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 29th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't draw attention to the fact we don't vax, but mostly because I hate the confrontation. I've heard of instances where some ladies in the US have had CPS called on them and some pretty big disasters ensuing. I don't think this is an issue in Canada but I prefer to err on the side of caution. Worst case scenario I did steal a couple of immunization booklets *whistling*

March 30th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Amanda!!!

PS...Amanda, what's up with your FB? LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 30th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post
LOL Amanda!!!

PS...Amanda, what's up with your FB? LOL
I was trying to get rid of some family (read: in-laws) that would have been a political nightmare had I "deleted" them, so I deleted and blocked them in the middle of the night when no one was on FB and then changed my name hehehe. I then mentioned that I'm "off" FB and deactivated for a short time. I actually changed it back but hid all my albums so it would look like a opened a new FB account and just "forgot" to friend them again

I have a particular barnacle that was really hard to shake. I think I'm finally rid of her though! LOL

March 30th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL OOOOH....I see....I was just curious....Another funny on Kaite's and my conversations (if you've read the jamie lynn post)...she said and btw...I dont remember accepting friendship to "whatever your "fake" name was"...and I said..hmmm...I dont remember friending that person either...I looked up the name went to the pics and said OOOH it's just Amanda! LOL....anyway...glad you got it all figured out!!!!

I have had to hid EVERYTHING from someone on my "friend" list....we went to high school together....I went to her wall one day and couldn't see her wall..couldn't see her pics...NOTHING...so I deleted her "friendship" since it was pointless...about 3 or so months later she friend requests me again..and does the same FLIPPIN' thing...so this time instead of deleting her friendship again...I just made it where the only thing she can see is my profile and the only thing she can do is send me a message....no photos or antyhing....that was particularly tedious to do....So I know it's not an accident the same thing was done to me...anyway...this long explanation to say...I'm glad you got it all figured out! LOL And that some people are just poopy!

April 3rd, 2011, 10:51 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
I'm like you Kaite!! Plus I love vaccine confrontation

You all have me freaked out a little now!
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
April 4th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont think it's worth freaking out...just being aware that insurance companies are not OUR friend but the doctors friend...kwim. I've not been vaccinating for 2.5-3 years....and we've yet to have an issue....but I dont know if I'd go waving a flag in front of the claims officers at my insurance company that "WE DONT VAX" without knowing their stance and policies on it. KWIM?

We are thinking of not carrying insurance in the future thru the work sponsored insurance at dh's work....and then I want to send them a note with all their problems and why we aren't staying with them LOL...I wont...but it's tempting...

April 4th, 2011, 09:54 AM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post
I dont think it's worth freaking out...just being aware that insurance companies are not OUR friend but the doctors friend...kwim. I've not been vaccinating for 2.5-3 years....and we've yet to have an issue....but I dont know if I'd go waving a flag in front of the claims officers at my insurance company that "WE DONT VAX" without knowing their stance and policies on it. KWIM?

We are thinking of not carrying insurance in the future thru the work sponsored insurance at dh's work....and then I want to send them a note with all their problems and why we aren't staying with them LOL...I wont...but it's tempting...
The bold part made me LOL!!! Since I haven't had my baby yet I cannot really comment. Altho we did find a ped that they do NO vaxxes in their office, it would be up to us to go elsewhere to get them... yeah right! I was honest w/ him about us not vaxxing and me having a home birth, figured if he wasn't going to be OK w/ either then he wasn't the ped for us. He isn't really all for no vax but I've heard another one of his patients is no vax and goes there. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
April 4th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! I hope that that ped is a right match for you...they dont have to agree with you to be a great doctor. THey just have to let YOU be the parent and trust your judgment and not treat you like dirt for doing different than they suggest.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search