school

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2011, 07:49 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS is not fully vac'd. This is his 1st year in school and i just never sent back the health form with the part to attach the list of shots.
Well last week the teacher sent a notice home saying she needed the forms. I talked to her today and she said well i dont need the physical form but we need his shot records. She says they mostly want to see the MMR and flu shot on there. I told her he doesnt have them and she gave me the most horrified look lol. She has no clue what to do now Anyway i told her i guess i can write a letter or something.

So what the heck do i do so she can get the board of health happy? Im gonna send in the shots he has, but im sure i have to say something about him missing the MMR. Anyone have a letter template?

April 12th, 2011, 09:45 AM
stephi1997's Avatar Veteran
Hi Stephie - here is a link to the NJ state laws regarding vaccines. Looks like NJ has eliminated all exemptions except for religious beliefs.

New Jersey State Vaccine Requirements ? National Vaccine Information Center

http://www.state.nj.us/health/cd/doc..._exemption.pdf

Hope that helps!
April 12th, 2011, 12:23 PM
thanks from what i have been reading, it seems like its an all or nothing deal. So basically since he has some shots we cant use the religious exemption....sigh...did not want to deal with shots during the school year. He has sensory processing disorder and possibly aspergers (seeing neuro in may) every little thing like a shot will mess him up so bad.

April 12th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
you know what I'd do....I'd state that he has none...I wouldn't share that he has had some shots and not others....When we were thinking of putting my DD in public school (we homeschool) I decided that I was just going to take the exemption and say that we dont vaccinate (cause we dont) and they can assume she has none (even though she is fully vaxed to this point but wont be further vaxed)....so for me...I'd sign the religious exemption and just state that he's had none....worst case...when there is an outbreak of something he has to stay home even if it's something he's been vaccinated against.

I wouldn't flat out say "he has had no vaccinations" I would simply say we dont vaccinate (if that is your stance) and go from there. I haven 't read the NJ law...but that is what I'd do, personally! HUGS!!!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
April 12th, 2011, 05:08 PM
i was thinking about doing that but then i was worried that they would be able to "track" it down some how. ughh im just gonna send in his incomplete shot record and wait for the dept of health to kick it back to the preschool. His school doesnt even check them, she just sends them in. So hopefully it will get over looked right now.

April 12th, 2011, 06:03 PM
stephi1997's Avatar Veteran
Stephie - my son has SPD too - it took him a long time to recover from the shots he did get before we decided against more.

I ditto what Martha says - if you won't be vaxxing him then just send the waiver. You don't need to disclose the ones he did recieve. That's personal information that is not accessible by the gov't. They only get the numbers of kids vaxxed - not the specific names.
April 12th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I agree with Martha.
April 13th, 2011, 12:12 PM
well my plan isnt going to work. They called today to say unless i can provide a letter from a religious organization stating that its against our religion or provide a copy of his records that show he has the MMR shot then he cannot return to school. im FUMING mad now. I know in a huge part this is my fault. My dd went to the same school for 2 yr and both years i just never sent in the copies and nobody ever questioned anything.
Does anyone know if NJ law requires the letter be from a church or can i just send my own letter in?

April 13th, 2011, 12:43 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
i know the NJ laws recently changed for the worst. so sorry your governor is the worst ever. i would contact Dr Tenpenny on FB or post on her page or something and maybe someone there can help you. really, worst case i would get a forged vax history.

April 14th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is exactly why I stole a couple of vax record booklets. I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I can't believe that you can't opt out! If it were me, I'd 'convert' to whatever religion would exempt me. People convert every day - my good friend recently became Jewish from Catholic so even if you have SOME vaxes, guess what ********... I converted... saw the light...what have you! So sorry!

April 14th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Ok so now heres a new issue. Someone in DS school had the mumps. What should i do? how long till he can go back, if i have the religious exemption?

April 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Are they mandating you not let your child attend school? if the affected child is not there, i do not see the issue.

April 14th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I know in my county the health department gets a copy of the record every time a vax is given and that record is under the name, DOB, etc of that person. If you lose your shot record, you get it back through the health department. They know...at least here...which vaxes you get, which you don't, where you got it, and the date you got it. Creepy...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

April 14th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well...first I'd have a book on hand on how to handle mumps in case he did contract it. Second...I'd pull him from the school if it were me. THey are giving you a stupid run around when the base of the problem is that they had someone with an infections disease and didn't notify people properly....Ok..so maybe I wouldn't pull him but I'd be really angry that they just didn't tell me that in the first place. If the child with the mumps is not attending he shouldn't have to stay away.

I can't remember who but someone on here had their vax information pulled from the system. I'm not sure how they did it but they wanted them all pulled from the system and they had it done so that the county/state had no record of the vaxes on file. I'll think of who it was....I know if I looked back I could probably find it.

As far as the religious exemption....I agree with asking dr.tenpenny. When MO used to have similar requirements of the religious exemption there were "false religions" that stated what need to be stated so that people could claim it. Now, though, there are different ways of exempting with the religious exemption. Anyway....HUGS...what a difficult situation I hope you can figure it all out!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search