new here

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2011, 03:36 PM
MissImpatientlyWaiting's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Ladies!
I am new here, dropping in from the July DDC. I have always questioned vaccines. My cousin does not vaccinate her children and we have had many conversations about it. I do not want to have this little guy vaccinated.
Since this is my first I am having him in a hospital. I wanted a birthing center but there are is only one in my state NC, and it is 3 hours away. I am seeing a midwife however, and she is great.
I am concerned about being in a hospital. My cousin has her children at home. Sh said that there are certain things that they will require before I can take my baby home? Is this true? If so what is required and what can I opt out of. I know they are going to try to push me into everything but I am not going to let them.
April 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!
Hep b is the only vax they give in the hospital, but it is recommended within the first 2 weeks, so if you're worried about getting trouble about getting it, you can just say you're waiting to do it in the peds office. I highly recommend finding a ped that supports your decision not to vax, it will really make things easier on you.
Glad to have you here!

Last edited by KtKuKi; April 12th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
April 12th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Welcome!!!
April 14th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to CNTV

I've had both a hospital and home birth and one thing they pushed on me (like, REALLY pushed) in the hospital was the vitamin K shot and the antibiotic eye ointment. We chose to do an oral does of vitamin k that we purchased at www.birthwithlove.com and we declined the erythromycin sp? They harassed me despite having shown up WITH my signed waivers. In our province hep B is given to 12 year olds so I didn't have to worry about that. They were really pushy about the vitamin K and eye drops too. I was actually asked "so you don't want to protect your baby's eyes from blindness?" ugh

April 14th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah...Hep B, Vit K, and eye ointment are the only things you should have to worry about with baby. You know...I've heard of several different methods of getting their baby to be left alone....(same goes for circumcising) but having onesies with "DO NOT VACCINATE ME" or "NO HEB B SHOT FOR ME" etc.....having your birth assistants know your wishes...keep baby in sight at ALL times if possible (if for some reason he's out of YOUR site)....and make sure they dont put the stuff in the eyes, or give unwanted shots.

Also...just making sure you say it as many times as you need to...during registration have them make a note of it....have them put it on your chart have them write it on the dry erase taht is on the wall most times....etc....have someone advocate and be your voice for you...give them that job so you dont have to worry about it.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 6th, 2011, 08:05 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post
Yeah...Hep B, Vit K, and eye ointment are the only things you should have to worry about with baby. You know...I've heard of several different methods of getting their baby to be left alone....(same goes for circumcising) but having onesies with "DO NOT VACCINATE ME" or "NO HEB B SHOT FOR ME" etc.....having your birth assistants know your wishes...keep baby in sight at ALL times if possible (if for some reason he's out of YOUR site)....and make sure they dont put the stuff in the eyes, or give unwanted shots.

Also...just making sure you say it as many times as you need to...during registration have them make a note of it....have them put it on your chart have them write it on the dry erase taht is on the wall most times....etc....have someone advocate and be your voice for you...give them that job so you dont have to worry about it.
For poster and any future readers....what is suggested above is a fantastic idea...I spent my whole 22 labor telling EVERY nurse I came into contact with that I did NOT want my child vaccinated....they kept saying they would note it in my file...then I had to have a csec..which went all wrong and I almost died...when I fi.ally got to my room after loo.ng csec and recovery...I came to find out THEY VACCINATED MY BABY AND NOT LONG AFTER SHE HAD TO BE PUT ON BREATHING MACHINES!!!! I was sooooo furious and of course it WASN'T noted in my file that I ever said anything. I also asked that my baby not be given a paci. Well I had an open wound and couldn't hardly get up and move...I needed rest bad bc I hadn't sleped in over 36 hours..so they finally talked me into sending her to the nursery for just a few hours...well I ended up not being able to sleep and called for a nurse but it was talk.g to long for her to get there...so I decided to go get my baby from the nursery myself....welllll I walked in and a nurse was giving her a paci....grrrrrrr I lost it...I didn't let her out of my sight after that for even a second.
May 7th, 2011, 07:21 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I signed all the waivers. I went into labor early (36 weeks) and did not fully research vit K and sadly she did get it. I talked to my MW before birth about waiving the Hep B and the eye ointment and they made me get a std test to show i did not have std's to waive the eye ointment. I did it, and made sure i had all the paperwork handy at my delivery. I was transfered to the hospital for a c-section and in the midst of everything, I at least had my wits to demand the forms to waive everything, LOL! I also kept my DD in the room with me and never let her out of our sight, except once when she got a hearing test. And even then i pressed the button every five minutes to find out when she would be back.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search