I finally did it..

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2011, 08:27 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I've been really weak about saying "No" to vaccines.. so she's been up to date until today..
The doctor told me there'd be 2 shots.. MMR and Chicken Pox.
I already decided against the pox and figured for good measure, since I know nothing about it, i'd say no to the MMR as well.
He went on a rant about how necessary they are (Yep, even the pox.. "100 people a year died from the pox before the vaccine, you know! Half of those were children!") and I actually stood up to him and said no, not right now.
He then said he'd switch it around and do the 18 month boosters instead.
I said no thanks, I want to research those as well.

So.. Here's my question..
She's already gotten the shots she needs boosters for..
I'm not entirely comfortable with shots.. they really bother me, but everyone is saying that she already got the shots themselves..the booster will just make them more effective..
So is it really worth saying no to the booster? In your opinion (obviously), would you say no to boosters if your child already got the shots themselves?

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
April 29th, 2011, 11:30 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
hi! i was just thinking about you the other day, i had not seen you around recently. It is really up to you if you want to continue with the series she has already received some shots for. always remember, you can vaccinate later, but you cannot un-vaccinate. do your research and do what you feel is best. also, i am so proud of you for standing up to your dr

April 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
always remember, you can vaccinate later, but you cannot un-vaccinate. do your research and do what you feel is best. also, i am so proud of you for standing up to your dr
THIS is what I live by.... I have three kids that have received shots and wont be getting boosters...I did research when I was having my fourth not my first...so there you have it....I know lots that get some vaccines and then do research and stop completely....

HUGS and GOOD FOR YOU standing up for what YOU want! HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 1st, 2011, 11:31 AM
MommaNator's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good job saying no! It can be tough, but worth it. My DD received all vaxes up until 6 months and then a few stragglers after that, so for many of them she has had most of the series but no "final" booster. She had a reaction to the 6 month vaxes and that was why we stopped then (although I was pressured into a few after that). I felt that it would be dangerous to finish the series, after the reaction she had, so I did not get the boosters for her (specifically DTaP).

It's your decision whether or not to finish the series, depending upon what worries you about the vaccines. Is it a reaction, or the junk in them, or immune system modulation?

Thanks Julie_aka_Mommy!

May 3rd, 2011, 07:50 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Ashlynn has never had a reaction, just small fevers and crankiness that she hasn't had since she was little. It's more the junk and the fact that I can't stand hearing her scream from something I'm allowing doctors to do to her when I don't even fully understand what they're doing (as in, I don't know what they're putting in her completely, if it is really worth it, etc)

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search