Pink Piggy

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2011, 03:16 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I see you had your baby! Congratulations!!!! I hope you had a great birth, and that the baby is doing well. I'm so excited to hear how your homebirth went. Fill us in when you have time

August 10th, 2011, 02:13 AM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, I just saw this thread, I'm soooooo sorry! I did have a good home birth. I honestly have nothing to compare it to, but it was great being able to do what I wanted/needed to when I wanted/needed to do it. I also loved there was no one pushing any medications on me that I didn't want. (I have no doubt that had I stayed w/ my ob and had a hospital birth I would have ended up w/ a c/s. )My LO is doing great. We EBF and she's so healthy. Born at 9lbs 5oz she is now close to 17!! I cannot believe how big she is and am a little jealous of the ppl w/ "average" sized babies ha ha. I guess I had a shorter labor (thankfully b/c it was mostly back labor O.M.G.!!) so around 8 hours and my 41wk 5d baby was finally here. It was so amazing, I have to admit I was very proud of myself for having a totally natural labor and delivery. My husband told me several times he was worried I wouldn't make it and need an epi, but I proved him wrong!! I'm so glad b/c I know that was the right choice for me.

btw I love your dd's pjs. I almost got them and completely spaced and by the time I remembered they were gone I love piggies! LOL Your dd is so adorable in them
August 11th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Aww, thanks When I read your post in the private forum, I was thinking how you never responded to this, so I'm glad you saw it! Did you write a birth story? I always love reading the home birth ones. I also had back labor, for 34 hours, so I know how awful it is. I'm sure if I'd been at home with midwives, though, I'd have had a much better experience. That's a big girl you have, I'm glad to hear she's doing great and is healthy!

August 11th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm embarrassed to say that I never sat down and wrote out a birth story. I really need to. I will make that my project this weekend and get back to ya. It was pretty low key, just me, my hubby and my midwife, and honestly that is EXACTLY how I wanted it. I even asked if she brought other midwives (in training) w/ her and let her know I'd be just fine w/ just her. I really didn't want a big parade of ppl around me and am so glad I didn't get that.
August 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM
That sounds great! I know my mom would be crushed if I had a home birth and didn't allow her there, but sometimes I wonder if I'd be just as happy with just DH. I do know one thing for sure, my MIL will NOT be there!

August 12th, 2011, 03:17 PM
We actually live 1600+ mi from family and we didn't tell them we were doing a hb I wanted one earlier, but dh was against it until my horrible 28 wk appt and i told him we could find a mw or I was having this baby at home by myself (I really hated the ob experience) My mom is very traditional and doesn't really understand the hb decision or my ap style. She has no idea about completely going no vax and I honestly don't want that drama right now. That is so cool your mom is on board w that. My mom almost came before she was born and would have been present, glad that didn't pan out =/ Who knows tho, maybe she would have been more accepting than I'm giving her credit? She saw the birthing pool as she flew out 2 days after she was born, and it seemed to freak her out. It's funny b/c she's mentioned me going to the hospital for the next baby (if we have another)... YEAH RIGHT!
August 14th, 2011, 07:35 PM
How funny about the birthing pool and your mom....and I KNOW once I can do a homebirth I will never go back to a hospital! I can't even imagine wanting to, unless there was areal emergency.

August 16th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So glad you see you round here....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
August 17th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Ugh, I didn't get my birth story wrote, I will work on it, it's so hard.. I have a baby who does NOT like to nap, how is that possible? And her new thing... going to bed after midnight. IT's 12:30am now and she just woke up, she wasn't even asleep for an hour. She used to go to bed btwn 9-10 pm and wake up 1-2 times a night...those were the days LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search