DH wants all Vaccines, I do not.

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not totally against vaccinations, but there are some that I feel are not needed. I also believe in delaying vaccinating.
My husband is 100% for all vaccinating as soon as suggested(which is about 6 weeks).

Does anyone have some good links with research that I can share with him?
May 25th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OH man....well...what is making him think they are great at recommended age? Will he read books? There are some books that just tell the information about the vaccines like Dr.Sear's Vaccine Book....that one just tells the liklihood of the vaccine preventable disease (VPD) being caught, the seriousness of it, and what is in the vaccine itself and why those things can or cannot be harmful. Then there are books like "what your doctor may not tell you about childhood vaccinations" I've not read that one but I want to.

Ultimately I'd try to convince him that until you both agree on what you want to do with vaccines you delay until that point. I started out convincing dh to wait until six months so that I could do the research on it. Everything I found out...I'd let him know. I'd read him things from the CDC sites...I'd read him things from the vaccine reaction database.....I would read him excerpts from the book I was reading at the time....and so on. In the end he let me decide what I thought was best but I've heard him talk about it and he's in agreement with me even though it was me that made the decision.

Either way...you can't undo a vaccination but you can catch them up so I think if you can get him to see that philosophy and get him to agree to dive into this journey with you so that you can both be on the same page...that would be the first step....

One of the first things that they are vaccinated for is Hep B....talk to him about Hep B and how it is caught and ask "how on earth do you think our child would come in contact with Hep B....I dont have it, you dont have it (assuming these are true), he's not getting tattoos and he's being cared for at home (or whatever situation may be true here).....I dont see him using any needle drugs at this point...I just dont see why he'd need Hep B....on top of that the dose given AT BIRTH is the same dose given to adults....Tell me why our 8 pound infant would need the same amount a 150lb adult would....".....Or something along those lines...it's easier to assume that it's a smaller dose for a smaller person or that it's a vaccination that is needed....but when in the end you find out what the vaccine actually consists of....it's crazy that they vaccinate for that at that age in that way...ya know.....

Anyway...I dont know if that helped...but I hope that you two can sit down and come to an agreement that will at least get you past THIS point and then you can go on to when to vaccinate and which ones.

OH you might also see if you can find the chart that compares the vaccines we got as kids to the vaccines our kids get....we got something like 13 vaccines by age 5....our kids (ideally by the schedule) get somethign like 50 by age 5.....INSANE....

I dont have any links handy but here in a little bit when I come back to the computer (my time is up) I will see if I can dig up some of the best links.....There are tons on this forum....if you have time you can just go thru the old pages and there will be tons...but if you dont I will see if I can bump or copy some of them for you

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
May 25th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mothering.com has really cheap digital reprints of some great vaccine articles/compilations this week only. I ordered some today! It'll be the best 2.00 you spend this year; guaranteed!

Shop Mothering

May 25th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the info, I'll look at some of the book recommendations.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search