Vax Parents SUING NonVax parents?!?

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Rochelle
This Very opinionated acquaintance of mine and I just semi- got into it about vaccinating. It wasn't too too bad but she basically flat out said she would be livid if she found out some non-vaccinated parent took their kid to the same doc office as her newborn. She then went on to say that people can actually SUE a parent if their child gave measles to their newborn bc the child wasn't vaccinated.

I refused to counter battle her. I'm not eloquent enough in my speech to reason with people like her. But I did want to come here and ask if you ladies have heard of this suing business and what is the deal with all of the smallpox, measles, tuberculosis outbreaks lately. I'm tired of being told about it.

It so tough sometimes to be a non-vaxer and I'm terrified that one day they will start going to extreme lengths to force ppl to vax.
July 20th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw a Law and Order episode where this happened, and if like most sheeple, your friend gets her facts from the tube, then I can see why she would think that.

I'm not sure how they could possibly prove that the unvax'd child infected the newborn since vaccines aren't 100% effective by the admission of the manufacturers. Being vaccinated doesn't prevent transmission of a disease either, it's supposed to protect you from getting it - and that's not guaranteed either.

Would I be able to sue the vaccine maker if I contracted an illness I was vaccinated for? What about if someone gave me another kind of illness that a vaccine doesn't exist for? If she is worried about her newborn, she shouldn't take her to the doctor's office. That's where sick people go, not healthy newborns.

Totally ridiculous.

July 21st, 2011, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally agree...doc's offices are for sick patients....one thing I LOVE about our doctor is that she really is like the old time docs...when we go there we are the only ones there the entire time...she only has one room so she doesn't double book so that patients are waiting a long time cause the doc has 3 appts at the same time..etc....

Anyway...it's bologna....like Amanda said...there would be no proof that it was my kid that spread it....what about the vaccine shedding...should *I* sue because their vaccine shed and my child caught the bug from THAT? (been there done that)...

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
July 22nd, 2011, 06:30 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree w/ the above ladies as well. The ridiculousness of what your friend said is so laughable. If ppl can sue and win for unvaxed children spreading diseases, then the vaxed should be able to easily sue the vax manufactures for harm. And honestly, from the research I've done, it's the vaxed we need to be more worried about, not the unvaxed.
July 22nd, 2011, 07:24 PM
Rochelle
Y'all have GOT to stop calling her my friend. She's a neighbor aquaintance. A nessesary evil. SHe doesn't even have a newborn. Her youngest is 13. Though she does have a newborn grandson. SHe claims that some vaccine saved hers and her mother's lives when she was a baby 46 yrs ago. So, THAT's what gives her the right to be so tactless with me piece of work, that one.

Anyways, I wholeheartenly agree with y'all. It's utter stupidity. She says ppl need to quit reading the internet so much and believing in conspericy theories.

Thanks for the responses SHe probably did get it from Law and order. I did get to set her straight on one point though. She said "You know your kids would never be allowed to go to highschool or college right?" hahahahaa Oh, but I thought she knew EVERYTHING on the subject... LOL

July 24th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My bad.....those kind of people are so frustrating...I have somethign to add but must get ready for church and will come back soon lol

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
July 24th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love how people assume that you came to your decision based on internet research. I'm sure that that's probably how most of us came to KNOW ABOUT the controversy of vax'ing but I personally own and have read many books published by medical doctors who happen to agree with us about vaccines and their toxicity/dangers. And in defence of the internet (because there are great sites for info out there!) it's just another platform. The same way anyone can publish a book, they can publish a webpage or a blog. It seems anytime you get non-mainstream info from the internet, it's all of a sudden sketchy and untrustworthy. Sorry for the minirant, but it's a huge pet peeve of mine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search