declined yesterday need support!

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2011, 11:25 AM
MissImpatientlyWaiting's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi there. I'm Sarah I posted on here once while I was pregnant about what infants receive at the hospital. Well now my little one is two months and we declined vaccines at his two month appt yesterday. In my gut I just feel that vaccines are not right for my child. I developed asthma in middle school right after having the hep B. My mom says a mother has to trust her intuition and that every time she went against it raising us she regretted it. That said my doctor is really great and did not try to pressure me. She highly recommended giving Caleb the HIB and the pertussis vaccine. Very strongly! and told me that children can die from the diseases blah blah. She tried to scare me basically. Now this is a doctor that I saw as a child and whom I really respect. (she was not the one who gave me the vac as a kid that was public school)
I am so torn, she really made it sound like I am putting Caleb at risk by not giving him the vaccine but he is breastfed and at home with me no daycare and I intend to homeschool as well one day. The only times we are out is the grocery store and church and occasional outings I feel the vaccine is a greater risk. I had also thought about delaying vaccines till he is older but she also said that if he is gonna get something it will be in the next 2 months or so while he is little and sickness season is flaring up.
Ugh what to do? I want to trust my gut which says no vaccines period! I just hate all this guilt the doctors lay on you!!!
September 14th, 2011, 01:57 PM
birdblue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trust your gut!
I know it's difficult, I've already had to switch pediatricians once and it's looking like i am going to have to again. Every apt the current pediatrician expresses how he doesn't like that we are not following the schedule. The last apt he had the nerve to say that if his patients don't attend their well visits or receive all vaccinations he is fined and viewed as a bad doctor and for me to think about this. Sorry, but my concerns regarding my child's health are not going to be over-weighed by you losing some money. He could chose not to see us if it is an issue.
I didn't want Sam to receive any vaccines...however i did let him get his first Dtap at his 9 month, and his 2nd dose at his 12 month apt. He also got his first dose of Polio at his 12 month, his father wanted him to get it, and i caved. The only reason i allowed the Dtap was because i had an inside cat contract tetanus and it was horrible, she never totally recovered and had to be put to sleep. Due to that experience i felt it was important for him to get the Dtap. His behavior changed a bit after getting those vaccines, so i think we will finish the Dtap series, but delay the polio...or even not finish that series. But anyway, enough about me!

He can always get the vaccines later, Sam has only been sick once and it was an upper respiratory infection because I had a sinus and upper respiratory infection... almost every vaccinated infant i know has been sick several times. Sorry this is difficult, trust me i understand!

*hugs*

Thank you so much Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

September 14th, 2011, 02:27 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree to trust your gut. Also have you read any vaccine books? They always help to reassure me.

September 14th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Yes I have read Dr. Sear The Vaccine Book. I feel no vaccines is right for us but basically my doctor got me scared.
September 15th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Both of our children are not vaxed. Allison has had colds here and there but nothing more than that. Claire, has had 1 cold that she got from her overly-affectionate older sister. The doctors really try and scare us into giving the vaccines but I still haven't. Even when I question what I'm doing is right, I still wouldn't vaccinate on the spot. I always leave, discuss it with my husband and my non-vaxing friends and family, and pray about it. Like others have said, you can't un-vax. My sil doesn't vax her kids and one pediatrician actually told her she was going to kill her kid.

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
September 15th, 2011, 04:09 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you for trusting your gut. It's so hard when you feel you're backed into a corner, but trust yourself, the research you've done and the fact that was all ready mentioned, you can vax later but you can never un-vax. It's sad how Drs really push vaxes b/c kids can die, but won't admit that vaxes are what have killed/harmed children as well.
September 16th, 2011, 05:24 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
hib was one i wanted to do, DH said no way, and then at 2 years i mentioned it to my dr and she said they do not give it to kids over two, so no need to get it, LOL. I feel like it is a ****** if you do, ****** if you don't situation. I do think vaccines can be helpful, but in this day and age, there are SOOOOO many vaccines, ruthless pharma companies, and questionable ingredients. We may do tetanus in the spring. I dunno. as of now, DD is un vaxed.

September 17th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Trust your gut. We had a doctor use scare tactics with us...I left her running..no joke. I don't appreciate them scaring me with death threats like I'm going to kill my child if I dont do it their way...NO THANKS.....I found a doctor that is ok with us being completely vax free....we love her.

Anyway....dont let fear guide you...just facts and knowledge....if you are educated in the vaccines and what to do if such and such disease is contracted....you'll feel better about not vaxing....sounds like you are already educated in it...just trust your gut!!!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 17th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Thank you ladies! I really needed your words of encouragement. Oh and Martha I am totally stealing part of your siggy!
September 29th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Avery'smommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtKuKi View Post
I agree to trust your gut. Also have you read any vaccine books? They always help to reassure me.

THIS!! I have this book and LOVE it!!! Amazon.com: How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor (9780345342768): Robert S. Mendelsohn M.D.: Books
September 30th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that is good...and the "how to raise you vaccine free child" i think its called....steal away...that is how i have it on mine lol

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 30th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to pop in and say stay strong! it is hard when your looking at an "authority figure" and basically telling them to F off, nicely. I do not do well baby, I only go when my kids need a Dr. I hate getting the lecture. I go to a GP now and I never hear a word about vaxs. Not one. No one has even bothered to ask about the kids vaxs. They only take patients 2 and up, so I am going to have to fight when then baby comes along, again. But to me, it is worth it. DD was partially vaxed and I am SOOOO mad at myself for just doing what I was told as a first time mom until DD was having reactions. She is definately my sicker (but healthy) child and I beat myself up over that alot.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search