2 reactions in a row

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2011, 03:20 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Hi all, I'm a delayed vaxer. My son received his booster for DTP last year and had a reaction. Hard lump, heat, huge red circle. The after hours dr we saw tried to convince me that it was a normal reaction, which I know it was not.
original post about it w/ pictures

He got his first MMR in April and didn't have a reaction (at least I don't remember him having one and I'm pretty sure I would remember!) He got a pneumococcal booster on 8/31 and same reaction, except this time the red circle has lasted longer. It's not red anymore but I can still see it. It's very faint, like when a bruise fades. My (his) dr's nurse saw it and noted it in his file and I'll be talking to the dr about it. Has anyone else dealt with this same thing before? I'm nervous because he's starting preschool and I don't want him getting anything or bringing anything home to his sister. I know there are some great ways to naturally boost their immune systems so I will be scouring this board for those (if anyone could link to threads that would be super helpful!).

Thanks for reading and any advice or help.
September 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
elderberry syrup/extract and high doses of Vit D are good ways to boost immune system, as well as breatmilk. If you are not nursing him any more, you can give him expressed breastmilk, even mix it with whatever you normally give him.

September 23rd, 2011, 07:57 PM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
Ugh. Sorry I can't help much but thank you for sharing.

DJ Junior.

September 24th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
By the way, did your son recieve DTaP or the older DTP vaccine. DTap is supposed to be newer and cause fewer reactions. Its one of the few vaccines I had planned to give to my child... the old version of DTP caused severe brain damage in a family member of mine.

DJ Junior.

September 27th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I second the elderberry but I highly suggest the elderberry CONCENTRATE over the syrup/extract...the concentrate has all the goodies in it not just some like the syrups/extracts tend to have. However ANY elderberry is better than no elderberry.

Coloidal silver. Vitamin D....look on mercola.com and search for Vitamin D3 and see what dosage he recommends. hmmm....there are more but htose are the ones we tend to stick with. This reminds me I should get some elderberry since it's almost that time of year....we use it mostly just during the winter....however this year we are also on D3 where we haven't been before.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 30th, 2011, 10:23 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Thanks ladies. I do usually do Vit D through the winter, I'll check to see what dosage he is supposed to get this year and I'll look into the elderberry concentrate.

It looks like his first 3 doses were a DTaP shot, those were when he was 2, 4 and 6 months old. I can't find the paper from the most recent appt but I'm pretty sure it was the DTP.
October 1st, 2011, 07:13 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post
I second the elderberry but I highly suggest the elderberry CONCENTRATE over the syrup/extract...the concentrate has all the goodies in it not just some like the syrups/extracts tend to have. However ANY elderberry is better than no elderberry.

Coloidal silver. Vitamin D....look on mercola.com and search for Vitamin D3 and see what dosage he recommends. hmmm....there are more but htose are the ones we tend to stick with. This reminds me I should get some elderberry since it's almost that time of year....we use it mostly just during the winter....however this year we are also on D3 where we haven't been before.
can you recommend a brand of the elderberry? our local store has about 20.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search