My son was excluded from school as of today for non-vaxing. HELP

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
We just moved to NY from CT and in CT it was so easy "We don't vaccinate due to religious reasons." Not so easy in NY they want WHAT my religion is and what IN my religion states that we do not vaccinate AND it must be notarized! What can I do?
October 11th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
I think THIS letter says it all:

To Whom It May Concern:

Religion goes far beyond simple membership in a church, attendance of services, adherence to prescribed dogma, or participation in various rituals. While an exact definition of what would constitute a "religious belief" varies depending upon what purpose is being applied to the use of the word "religion in", pursuing a claim for a religious exemption from immunizations the standard which must be considered is that which is established by the United States Supreme Court. Therefore, in adherence to the First Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantee of freedom of religion, the test in determining whether a belief constitutes a "religious belief" sufficient to qualify for the religious exemption from immunizations, is whether the adherents' beliefs and faiths occupy a place in their lives parallel to that filled by the orthodox belief in God held by others; or any other "sincere religious beliefs which are based upon a power or being, or upon a faith to which all else is subordinate or upon which all else is ultimately dependent." U.S. Vs. Seeger, 380 U.S. 163 (1965), Sherr and Levy vs. Northport East-Northport Union Free School district, 672 F.Supp. 81, (E.D.N.Y. 1987)

The right to claim exemption from immunization based on religious beliefs is available to all persons who hold religious beliefs against immunization regardless of what any state statute may say regarding the necessity for membership in any particular religious group or church.

The first amendment to the U.S. Constitution prohibits states from discriminating between people based on their religious beliefs. If there is any state law that allows for exemption based on religious beliefs, it is available to all those people who hold religious beliefs against immunization even if their beliefs are personal and unique to them alone.

With this being said, we do not vaccinate our children, due to religious beliefs.

Sincerely,
October 11th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had heard that NY was pretty strict with vaccinations and such but I didn't know you hadto PROVE your belief to them. I like your letter and I hope it works!

October 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Tofu Bacon's Avatar Enigma... or oxymoron?
Its not going to work. In NY, your letter must explain your beliefs and how those beliefs relate to vaccination. The best bet is to contact Gary Krasner for help

home page
October 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
oh good lord! i am so sorry. i have no advice, but just (((hugs)))

Tofu Bacon's link was REALLY good. I hope they can help you!

October 12th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
I would say whatever you need to say to keep your child unvaccinated. Good luck.

DJ Junior.

October 14th, 2011, 08:32 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
any update???

October 21st, 2011, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
update would be great?! That link shared is great....also I'm sure you can find an explanation online somewhere of what the bible says about vaccines (between animal dna and aborted babies there should be plenty of info on WHY you dont vaccinate for religious reasons)....

MO law is more like the letter you posted....doesn't have to be a church....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
November 5th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Proud Mama of 3
homes chool??

November 6th, 2011, 07:17 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
CRAZY stuff! This is only one of MANY reasons we will be homeschooling! I hope you find a way around it!

November 7th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Proud Mama of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranolaMama View Post
CRAZY stuff! This is only one of MANY reasons we will be homeschooling! I hope you find a way around it!
agreed!!! I home school now and I love it!

November 9th, 2011, 06:54 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaci_Lopez View Post
agreed!!! I home school now and I love it!
My hubby and I are both HS grads, and we fully intend to HS our children.

November 9th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Proud Mama of 3
This is our first year, and it's been a journey, thats for sure! My DD (1) constantly has to have my attention. I'm still BF and we co-sleep as well, and its interesting... and frustrating....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search