Fluoride?

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So who here has said NO to fluoride at the dentist...how did you do it? I have no problem saying no to vaccines...well if hit with conflict I still stand my ground even if I have tears in my eyes lol....but with the dentist I feel different...I dont know why?!

Elzie had an appt and SILLY ME forgot to brush up on the "why" we dont use fluoride. So they scolded me and all I could do is sit there and listen instead of speaking up. They also did a fluoride treatment...which I wanted to decline but didn't. ARGH. I know this one time isn't going to hurt my kiddo but I dont want it happening again...why do I feel like a pushover at the dentist?

There are no holistic dentists in my area...closest being 3 hours away....yeah...probably not going to happen! SOOO we are stuck using all these old school dentists.....anyone had to have the chat with their dentist?

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
December 3rd, 2011, 06:28 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
we have not been to the dentist yet, waiting on three more teeth. I have no idea. We do not have flouridated water and do not use toothpaste with flouride for DD, I am unsure about the flouride treatment at the dentist. I guess I need to research

December 3rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Regular
its no use saying why you dont want fluoride. theyre gonna say stuff like "thats a myth" "fluoride makes teeth stronger"-[which is a half truth], or "this is medical grade fluoride so its safe!"

just say no! lie to them and say you use fluoridated water and toothpaste and stuff. tell them you think fluoride treatments are simply over the top and for goodness sake dont sit back and watch them do things to your kids you dont want done! dentists are a bit more intimidating than other doctors.. i dont know why either but i feel the same way. but still, theres no way iim gonna be a pushover when it comes to my baby!

if you do want some reasons to back up your declination, check out mercola.com. search "fluoride" and im sure tons of articles will pop up. you may have to sign up to see some of them.
December 3rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
there is a biosafe dentist near me and his sign today read "flouride attacks the thyroid" maybe i will be taking DD there

December 5th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Fluoride Action Network

December 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks gals! I just need to grow a stronger back bone I suppose. It stinks cause I KNOW my three year old has decay going on in there (visible) and so I'm gonna hear about it. LOL.....I'm gonna have to smile and nod and say thanks but no thanks! argh...I hate confrontation.

Anyway...thanks! I think I'll come up with a line...like "I know we disagree on this, whatever I say to you wont change your mind so I wont try to explain my reasons, however, I still dont want them treated with fluoride"...or something....if they ask for my reasons I'm gonna say "there are too many to list if you are truly interested I can send you information later" LOL....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
December 6th, 2011, 06:00 AM
can you go to the biosafedentistry.com site and see if there is anyone near you?

December 6th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will check it out but I'm pretty sure the closest is in St.Louis which is a few hours away.

December 15th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I told them no today...they said "ok...I have to tell you that it IS the first line of defense against fluoride" I nodded and they said "ok no problem" and took it off their tray. YAY...was super easy...even the dentist said his piece but respected my choice. I am SO happy to be there!!!! They were all great!

December 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
that's great!!!

December 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
*lurking* I'm waiting for a guest author to write a post about fluoride for my blog. We do not use it for my family at all, I just tell the dentist that we choose not to use it and that I have my reasons in which I explain if they ask.

December 17th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You'll have to let me know when you get it on your blog....

My line was going to be "I'd tell you why but you'd disagree...if you are REALLY interested I'll send you a print off" LOL....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search