somewhat new here :) reasons to not vax:

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Proud Mama of 3
I've been lurking around for a while... reading just about everything.

I don't vaccinate my kids. I started to with my 8 year old, and haven't given any at all to my 13 month old. I get a lot of grief from friends and some family. My grandma works at the hospital and is convinced that anything Western medicine is a gift from the gods.

Besides the formaldehyde and mercury in the shots, the links to autism (that they all swear up and down have been debunked) and fluoride's link to infertility, I need some hard-to-argue-with proof to fire back. I usually just sit there with a stupid smirk on my face and say nothing bc I can't think of arguments back fast enough to people.

ugh....

I've tried telling people what was in the tetanus vax that the WHO distributed to 3rd world countries in the 90's, but the articles from the CDC and PBS have all but disappeared online... Those articles are the original reason I decided not to vax my kids...

I'm at my wits end, bc now I'm back in Ca with idiotic Drs in my area who are not open to the no-vax rule I have for my family (if one more person asks when I'm going to get the flu shot I'm going to SCREAM!) and I need some solid ammo to shoot back at these people...

I love links to websites

Help??

December 12th, 2011, 01:14 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
have you checked out dr tennpenny?

December 15th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Instead of trying to convince the ignorant people in your life to agree with your choice why don't you counter by asking them how many hours of research they have done on the subject? Most of them will answer that "x,y,z doctors are experts and they go to medical school and they all agree that vaccines are safe bla bla bla" Then you can explain to them that there is a growing body of doctors who disagree with them and that you've put in X amount of hours independently researching. An intelligent person would realize they aren't educated about the issue and the conversation will end. An idiot will try and convince you that their zero hours of research trumps your 200 and will argue that the sky is green. In that case, I feel very sorry for you because I'd rather argue with 100 intelligent people over 1 idiot.

December 15th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont make excuses anymore to family. I say " it's my family my choice...you can choose what is right for your family...we'll just have to disagree on this and I'm ok with that"....My dh blew up at his gma once cause she was hounding him when I wasn't there and he finally said "WE DONT TELL ANYONE in this family how to do things we expect the same respect" and on and on....she shushed and has been silent since.

I agree with Amanda though, that's a great response. Dr. Tenpenny's site is great...you might also arm yourself with some books so you can have hard copy of some information...

Fact of the matter is if they are convinced vaccines are "God sent" they wont agree with you that they aren't...like beating a dead horse, arguing will do no good....so stick with a "I dont have to tell you why" attitude and ask them to do their own research and assure them you've not made the decision lightly and to BACK OFF lol...HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
December 22nd, 2011, 03:53 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is nothing you can say to someone convinced by ignorance & lack of research. I know a person who has told me 10 times the SAME exact story about how a baby died because the baby's older sibling who was fully vaxed went to school with an unvaxed kid & that unvaxed kid brought whooping cough to school & the vaxed kid somehow brought it home (not sure how this is possible according to this person who 100% believes vaxes work) and the baby caught it & died. And then she wants to say I am risking the lives of babies by not vaxing, blah, blah, blah. I HAVE spent the time on more than one occasion explaining by her own logic HOW the vaxed kid brought it home....how the vax for WC isn't effective on the bacterial phase, how someone, who likely WAS vaxed gave it to the unvaxed kid - so is THAT person responsible too? Etc, etc. She hears the logic, understands what I am saying IN THE MOMENT & then 2 months later - we are having the SAME talk. Give it up. People who aren't open & aware & awake & interested just want to rip you a new one & they will try to do so if given any chance. Just shut it down. If someone is TRULY interested, by all means feel free to discuss, but talking to those convinced you are a walking health hazard is a total waste of time. I have literally been told that I am using other kids as a human shield for my kids. Some people just do NOT get it at all. I even know a few non vaxing parents that have just gone to literally lying to others & saying their kids are vaxed to avoid the crap. As long as you aren't lying to a school or someone who needs to know, then I guess I see why they do it.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

December 29th, 2011, 02:15 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You ladies are all so smart and have given great responses. This site is great and talks about all vaccines - Terms and Conditions I agree tho, you will never convince someone who is unwilling to listen to science and real studies. I love how ppl say that vaccines do not cause autism, but then, what does?! If you cannot show me with actual science what causes autism, then I simply cannot say 100% that vaccines do not in some way play a role. There's also studies that show vax kids get 2-3 more diseases than unvaxed and that those who get the flu shot are more likely to be in the hospital than those who do not. The info is out there, ppl just need to open their eyes.
January 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Veteran
I have learned not to explain or try to justify my actions or decisions I make about raising my daughter. She is my child and I have done research on pretty much everything concerning her health. If people ask me about vaccines i tell them I don't do it. But I never really go into detail about why.
January 25th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Too true....The NP at our new doc's office for rogan asked...I said well for many reasons but some religious ones...and I DO have some religious ones but those are the easiest to say because people wont question them lol!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search