Realized today..

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
that finding a pedi when we don't vaccinate may be harder than I originally thought.
I called 2 offices today and one is calling me back, one I have to call next week because they technically require vaccines but some Drs may take a non-vax'ed child.. I need to wait for the nurse/secretary to ask them.
It doesn't help that we don't drive, so any pedi has to be from the town we live in.
It kind of shocked me when the secretary said "We don't have any patients that don't vaccinate, but we can double check on the policy.." Is it really that uncommon? Sometimes I wonder if it'd be easier if I just went with the flow. DD wasn't "harmed" by vaccines..but who knows what the 12 months of them she did get did to her internally. I just feel awful thinking about it and going by my own memories of vaccines and how horrible they were.. I couldn't do that to my precious, happy little girl and I can't do that to my son either.
I don't even know anymore. Why is it so hard to make the right choice on keeping her healthy and horrifying vaccine ingredient free?

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
March 7th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS....call family doctors too...doesn't HAVE to be a pediatrician. Ours is a family doc. It IS hard. I have no choice but to drive. But anyway...it's always easier to go with the flow. But if we did that then who would we be...not ourselves for sure.

There are some kids that "weren't harmed" in a wreck even though they weren't properly restrained...doesn't mean we shouldn't put them in the carseat anyway Of coarse your daughter wasn't harmed....my old three werne't obviously harmed either....but that doesn't mean my younger ones wouldn't have been...or that when they got their boosters that they didn't get (except my oldest who got those too) they would have gotten sick from those. There is just no way to tell...

You have to do what you feel is right....and stick to it...dont let docs scare you into something you dont want! HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 7th, 2012, 05:13 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
ugh. just keep looking. i hope you can find a dr and yes, ours is a family dr.

March 7th, 2012, 08:22 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I spoke with my mom and she agreed to help me bring Ashlynn to her current pediatrician (who's about 45min from where I live now) for one more check up..then afterwards I will hopefully use the pedi that works with the hospital where my son will be born, like we did with Ashlynn. I'm just worried I'll be denied because we chose not to vax. I find it crazy that doctors turn away patients because of that!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
March 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! HUGs

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say that I have family Drs too. They do not do vax and never ask. Only thing is they only take kids 2 and up. I have been very lucky that the 4 pedis I have had did not have issues. Good Luck!!!!!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

March 11th, 2012, 04:49 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
our family dr sees kids from birth.

March 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ours too

March 29th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Danijoy84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Danijoy84
I've been on a JM a while an djust found this....apparently I didnt' look very hard, lol. Anyhow, thankfully the first pedi we called took us without question. She's great with DD and simply stated that she would have to mark it in the file for future. She asked us our reason for non vax and when I started the info pouring she said "you do realize that by not vaxing you are putting other kids at risk"....to which I replied "but if they're vaxed and it is supposed to keep them from getting it, then my decision shouldn't affect them." Now THERE'S a thought! That aside, she's an excellent pedi and we've had no problems.

I think a lot of doctors are just so caught up in what the medical world tells them to do, that they don't do their own research. sad

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search