Do you think waiting till they're older makes a difference?

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By wolfybaby
  • 1 Post By pink_piggy
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By beck12

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2012, 08:27 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Do you think waiting till a child is closer to school-age to start vaxing makes a difference health-wise? The brain grows the most in the first year of life, which is why I'm firmly against introducing it to toxins during that stage of life...but after it's grown more and isn't so fragile/constantly changing, do you think the harmful consequences of vaccinations are less? (i.e. autism, SIDS, etc)

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. But WV doesn't have ANY waivers which I can sign to send the kids to public school, and I never really wanted to homeschool. I just need opinions!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
April 8th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Regular
by the time they are that age, all the childhood diseases wouldnt be a danger to them! pertussis, measles, rotavirus, all those are only deadly in very young babies. and by then, they may have been in contact with the disease enough to build up some immunity.

if i were you.. i wouldnt vaccinate my children, no matter what age they are.
krissy1989 likes this.
April 8th, 2012, 11:09 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree and personally I would move if I lived in a state like that. I know that isn't an option for some, but it is important enough to me to not have that crap in my child.
krissy1989 likes this.
April 9th, 2012, 04:34 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
there is a local ped who does not vax any child under 2 because the blood-brain barrier are not formed until around 2. so if you do it after 2, then you have that in your favor.

are there really no options where you live?

April 24th, 2012, 09:37 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
there is a local ped who does not vax any child under 2 because the blood-brain barrier are not formed until around 2. so if you do it after 2, then you have that in your favor.

There really aren't. West Virginia and one other state (maybe Mississippi? Or Missouri? I think it starts with an M, anyway) are the ONLY two states in the country which require children to be vaccinated to attend public school, and they don't offer any religious/philosophical waivers. It totally sucks. WV is just such a crappy place to live if you want to be a health-conscious mom with less-than-common ideals. (For instance, WV also has the highest rate of circumcision in the whole country, and I think one of the lowest rates of breastfeeding.) I really am considering moving and buying a house in PA right across the border.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
September 2nd, 2012, 06:43 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
I'm not getting my son anymore vaccines.

September 17th, 2012, 03:03 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
If I was you I would not vax, even if that meant I had to move. But I am drastic like that.
ComfortablyMum likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

November 10th, 2012, 08:09 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post

Interesting the pedi does it that way. I read that's the standard age to start vaccines in China. Our country honestly seems to be one of few that likes to load infants up on vaccines like that.

November 20th, 2012, 12:37 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy1989 View Post
There really aren't. West Virginia and one other state (maybe Mississippi? Or Missouri? I think it starts with an M, anyway) are the ONLY two states in the country which require children to be vaccinated to attend public school, and they don't offer any religious/philosophical waivers. It totally sucks. WV is just such a crappy place to live if you want to be a health-conscious mom with less-than-common ideals. (For instance, WV also has the highest rate of circumcision in the whole country, and I think one of the lowest rates of breastfeeding.) I really am considering moving and buying a house in PA right across the border.
Just in case you didn't know there is a group trying to change this & fight for parental rights in WV : We the Parents
missy11 likes this.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

December 6th, 2012, 02:31 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
I personally will never vaccinate any of my children, and wouldn't in your case either. I also would move state if I had to.

I'm thinking of homeschooling or sending Eve to a country school

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

August 16th, 2014, 01:23 PM
The life of my child means more, I would not vaccinate whatsoever. I would either move or homeschool. Even if it helps a little too wait until the child is older, it won't help much... Vaccinations have tons of bad stuff, they don't just cause autism, they can cause other neurological issues, parkinson's, etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search