Heya!

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AmyLM

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2012, 12:31 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
My name is Jess, I have a sweet baby boy who is 9 months old, I am married to a wonderful man named Dave and we do not vaccinate. It's been an "issue" with some people, family, friends etc so I am looking forward to talking with other Mammas that feel the same as I do.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

September 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Hi! this is a pretty dead forum, but i do try to check in every once in a while i am mom to Zoe, 3, and she is unvax'ed as of now. I figure i can always do it later but cannot undo it.....

September 15th, 2012, 10:57 PM
That is very true. You cannot undo it. Do you plan to vax at all? Or are you still undecided? Does she get sick alot?

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

September 16th, 2012, 04:52 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
really undecided. Probably Hep B when she is much older and maybe meningitis.

September 17th, 2012, 03:01 AM
I never really spoke to anyone that does selective. Is there a reason that you do some and not the others? I'm asking because *I* feel like they are all unnecessary, so how do you feel that some work and some do not? (Not judging in the least bit I am really asking because I want to educate myself further) I have only met / spoke people that either A: believe all vax's work or B: believe they do not.

September 17th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello! This is a slow board but I stop by once in a while. I have a 3 year old and a 16 month old (both girls) neither are vaxed at all and we don't plan on it when they are older either. My mom is always asking me "what if" questions and aren't I worried... all I can do is educate her but somehow she forgets what I tell her. 3 of my sil's vax their kids and 2 of us don't but we respect each others choices. Unfortunately it seems that the vaxed kids are sick more often than ours plus the parents are always worried about the kids getting sick right after their shots.
IronMamma likes this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!

Last edited by AmyLM; September 17th, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
September 18th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I hear about that all the time. Parents being worried about their kids being sick after a vaccine. That alone should show people how unhealthy they really are. Here is a shot that is supposed to make you "not" sick, but you get sick... Does not make sense to me. But I am not one to judge. Everyone can do what they wish. I have friends that vaccinate and I have friends that do not. The ones that do, their babies are also sick, and alot. The ones that do not, their babies are thriving and never sick. I truly think that most people vaccinate because that is the "norm" and they are scared to step outside the box.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search