a couple of questions

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mgm78
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By AmyLM
  • 1 Post By missy11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2012, 02:08 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
Hi, I was just kind of lurking around the boards and came across this one. I do vaccinate my son, but I don't have anything against people who don't and I'm not here to be negative or judge anyone (just saying that because I've run into some rude people on some boards before). I just was wondering a few things.

Why did you choose not to vaccinate? I've seen a few people on here say that there are links to autism, so is that the only reason?

Were you unvaccinated as a child, or is it just something you choose not do?

How will your child be able to start school without vaccinations? I know this is kind of a silly question but I thought that they had to have them in order to attend school.
October 15th, 2012, 12:53 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Quote:
Originally Posted by acj0890 View Post
Hi, I was just kind of lurking around the boards and came across this one. I do vaccinate my son, but I don't have anything against people who don't and I'm not here to be negative or judge anyone (just saying that because I've run into some rude people on some boards before). I just was wondering a few things.

Why did you choose not to vaccinate? I've seen a few people on here say that there are links to autism, so is that the only reason?
No, it is not the only reason, but i do know someone whose child did have a severe vax reaction and is now autistic. Like a switch was flipped that day. My biggest concerns are the safety of the vaccines, have you ever read the inserts? there are no double blind studies and there are a lot of question of the efficacy of the vaccines to begin with (like pertusis). There are also some connections seen to allergies and autoimmune issues to vaccines. And lastly, there is also theory that a lot of these childhood diseases which are not fatal and just more of a nuisance to most children are evolutionarily there to build our immune system into adulthood and without these childhood illnesses, the immune system does not fully get built. Just like when a little kid starts school or day care and they get a lot of colds, etc, it is good for their growing immune system. I don't want my DD to get rubella or pertussis, but to me, the risk was worth not getting the vax. The only vax i wanted to do was HIB and it had been pulled from the market when she was born and when it came back on and i asked about it, she was too old to get it.

No i was not, but as a child, i only had about 5 vaccines, now kids get about 35 by the time they start school.
How will your child be able to start school without vaccinations? I know this is kind of a silly question but I thought that they had to have them in order to attend school.
In our state, a simple form saying that we either religiously or morally decline them is all that was needed. I was nervous at DD's preschool, but her school's director's son had a vaccine reaction about 20 years ago to MMR and was totally understanding.
see above
alittlelost likes this.

January 5th, 2013, 12:36 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Why did you choose not to vaccinate? I do not vaccinate because *I* know it is not the right thing to do. Yes, there are side effects, but for me and DH. We cannot imagine injecting foreign substances into our PERFECT sons little body and then watching him possibly become ill or what have you because that is the "norm". We are born perfect. Why not keep us that way? And I mean, injecting your baby with monkey blood and aborted fetuses...no thank you.

Were you unvaccinated as a child, or is it just something you choose not do? I was vaccinated until I was almost a teenager. So yes it's something DH and I have chosen to never do.

How will your child be able to start school without vaccinations? I know this is kind of a silly question but I thought that they had to have them in order to attend school. Alot of people think you absolutely need vaccines to attend school and any other activities. The truth is you do not. There is a form you fill out according to the state you live in and then your child can do anything any other child can do.
alittlelost likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

January 9th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Why did you choose not to vaccinate? I've seen a few people on here say that there are links to autism, so is that the only reason? I think that the risks far outweigh the benefits. It makes me ill to think that i would be injecting my baby with the poisons and fetal cells that are in vaccines. I also believe that there is a link to allergies and other problems that kids have with the many, many vaccines they don't need. A few of my nieces and nephews are vaccinated, others are not. The ones that have been vaccinated get sick more often and are sicker than the kids that aren't.

Were you unvaccinated as a child, or is it just something you choose not do? I was vaccinated. I'm older so, the vaccines I recieved were not anywhere near the amount given now. So, yes, this is a choice dh and I have made. He was vaccinated, too.

How will your child be able to start school without vaccinations? I know this is kind of a silly question but I thought that they had to have them in order to attend school. There are waivers to sign but, in our case, we will be homeschooling.
alittlelost likes this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
January 19th, 2013, 11:18 AM
missy11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was very pro vaccination, i thought! Then in the delivery room they offered the Hep B vaccine. this was an eye opener for me to do some research. I was unaware they did this in babies. Hep B seriously? i wondered why woudl they do this? mmy child wont get Hep B, he is not in and out of hospitals, he wont be doing drugs or having sex anytime soon and hopeful never on the drugs! SO this opened up a window of curiosity at WHY our govt would allow this to our tiny little newborns? then i remembered a friends daughter had the old pertussis shot and almost died. she is now mentally disabled and legally blind. the more i research and i see what is going into these shots and then going into our childrens bloodstreams..like aborted fetal tissue, monkey kidneys, accidental contamination, and the stuff to preserve them. Then i see how kids get sick even WITH the vaccines. And some of the diseases are wiped out of the US. and some things like chicken pox is ridiculous to have a vaccine for. why? it does not kill children! its just inconvenient! and then you hear about cases of kids getting autism, or SIDS! i believe vaccines can be a cause of SIDS. they say its not, but how do they know that? SIDS is sudden infant death, they can not diagnose what caused it! Also i saw that other countries start vaccines at age 2. and have noticed less side effects in the children. then come to read the blood brain barrier does not fully close till age 2 or so. I trusted my gut. i all of a sudden felt very nervous about this and so far we have a healthy 2yr old who has hardly been sick a day in his life.

I was fully vaccinated as a child. Yet, do realize, they give many more vaccinations to our children today then they did to kids in my day. I got chicken pox on my own! i was fine! i didnt get sily things like Hep B. I feel i am very healthy and i have a great immune system thankfully. but how do we know that every kid will be as lucky as i was? especially w all the new vaxes they are getting. also how do i know that there is not something now in my DNA that will come to haunt me later in my life? never will know!

Every state but i believe 2 or 3 of them accept letters you can just print online and sign stating that you do not vaccinate either due to religious beliefs or philisophical beliefs. i was very nervous about this when i went to sign my son into the childcare at the gym. they hardly blinked an eye toward it and just accepted it. and he went to the childcare that day. Private schools however i beleive have the right to deny your child. there is always the optoin of homeschooling!

pardon my typos! i type so fast i mix up my letters! haha! thanks for asking us why we dont vaccinate in a friendly manner. I think its awesome to be able to share our views w out arguing it.
alittlelost likes this.

[IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
February 19th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Don't mind me. I was just lurking (we're leaning towards no vax for our first baby together) and noticed a repeat troll hanging out in here.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my fabulous siggie!

Last edited by Keakie; February 19th, 2013 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Mods are all over it. :)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search