Don't really know how to go about this...

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pretty Crispy
  • 2 Post By mgm78
  • 1 Post By Ruidmoon
  • 1 Post By mgm78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2013, 03:23 PM
I'm 18 years old and pregnant with my first child. I know someone who chose not to vaccinate her children, which is how I got interested in the vax, no-vax controversy. From all the research I've done, and the personal experiences of the woman I knew who did not vaccinate, it seems to me they do more harm than good.

In all honesty, though, at 18 no one really seems to put much value into what I think or have to say. I'm 29 weeks pregnant and haven't yet really spoken to anyone about not vaccinating my daughter once she's born because the one person I kind of brought the issue up to said that it was a stupid decision and vaccinations save lives.
I personally don't feel that way, though.

I suppose I'm just doubting myself because I am so young and the older people in my life all talk about the extreme importance of vaccinating.

Does anyone have any tips on how I should bring it up to my doctor, or the my family members?
I'd really really appreciate it...
May 22nd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
As far as family members if you don't think they will be supportive I wouldn't even address it. It's your choice not theirs.
To the pediatrician I would just explain that you are still doing research on vaccinations and at this point are not comfortable with your baby receiving any. Some pediatricians will fight you on this and my advice would be to find a new one then. If you aren't vaccinating then normal well visits aren't necessary and you pretty much avoid the whole debate then.
AmyLM likes this.

May 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
^that was good advice. So what if you are 18? as long as you are informed, that is important, no matter what you decide to do. You can also always vaccinate later, you cannot undo a vaccine, so the option will always be there. I held off people by telling them i was going to wait until DD was 2 and the blood/brain barrier was formed and then never did anything, but most people forgot by then
AmyLM and alittlelost like this.

May 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Thank you for the advice! (:
I've just seen so much that seems to point to vaccines being more harmful than helpful, a part of me is scared what if I don't, but a larger part is more worried about if I do.
AmyLM likes this.
May 29th, 2013, 03:52 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I just decided, I could always vax down the road. I nursed for a long time which helps with immunity. If you are on FB, check out Dr Tenpenny on vaccines, she has a lot of good information.
AmyLM likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search