Joining :0)

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Super Mommy
I've never been 'comfortable' having my kids vaccinated, with my dd (6) when she was born I just did as the drs instructed, but I hated getting the papers with all the info and then watching them hold her down. First time I nearly passed out and got sick! Slowly I stopped taking her to the dr b/c I didn't want to lie and say- oh she's not feeling well I'd rather wait till she's better for shots. Then ds came- now 20 months (he's adopted, and I was afraid they wouldn't allow me to take him home if we didn't do his newborn shots) so we did them. We found a new ped where where we're living and they 'allowed' us to delay and spread them out, I turned down several, but brought him in for one- they gave him the shot and he screamed so hard he wasn't breathing and turned completely white, and I'm talking hi WHOLe body lost its color! That was it. I couldn't do anymore it was so scary! And he just looked at me like why are you letting them hurt me! So fast forward and we're having another baby and not do anything. I feel so much better about our choice...

BUT here's where I have questions:

What do you say to your drs? I get guilted when we're are there... Like when we chose not to do chicken pox they were like we'll we aren't so worried about the chicken pox as much as meningitis which they can die from... And shingles and... Blah blah...

How do you FIND a dr that will be if not supportive at least accepting of our choice?

When baby is born do we have to be super on our toes so that we make sure nothing is done we don't want?

I have more, just can't think at the moment

Oh and another scary thing we deal with is my hubby is military, he has to have all vaccines- which I hate but it's not allowed to refuse- we've been talking and I'm so afraid he will get orders overseas... What then?? He says he will just go unaccompanied :-( that means either 1 or 2 years with only seeing him a month or 2 the whole time b/c we'd all have to be up to date on our shots! Has anyone had to deal with that??

Last edited by sharilyn; July 17th, 2013 at 05:46 PM.
July 22nd, 2013, 03:44 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
welcome! this board is pretty dead.

I asked around (friends and my midwives) for a dr who was lax about vaccines. It was hard as every dr i called said "my way or the highway." In the hospital, i had all the papers signed to decline the shots given at birth. DH never left DD when I could not be with her (i had an unplanned c).

as far as the military is concerned, i would do some research and see what their rules are. If I were to travel overseas, there are some that i would consider for DD.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search