Anyone active here?

Forum: Choosing Not to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing Not to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Veteran
Has there been anyone who did not vaccinate for something and got that disease? How bad was it, if so?
I was vaccinated according to schedule in the 80's. My brother and I got the measles twice from the vaccine. My mom was told it was 2 different types of measles. My bro has crohn's and I reviewed Doctor Wakefields research on measles and crohns so I am leary.

My 9 month old has not been vaccinated. I did get talked into the oral Vitamin K and he got jaundice. When I got home from the hospital I read online that the two were linked. hmmm.

Ok. So I got a new ped and took my son to him yesterday and he said that me getting the measles twice from the vaccine is a 1 and billion chance and so for my brother to get it to we would have been a CDC reported case. huh? He did admit there are two types of measles and one of them you do get from the vaccine.

Anyway just curious. I am starting to feel the pressure to get some vaccines over others. I don't want to give them but they always give you all the worst case stats.
November 21st, 2013, 07:51 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Hi! I check in every now and then. Well, that is the issue, vaccine reactions are VERY VERY VERY under reported.

You got the measles and what happened? Would you be ok with your LO getting the measles like you did? What is more beneficial to the immune system? Would you be ok skipping the vax altogether or waiting until they are 2 and have a formed blood brain barrier? Lots to think about when making the decision.

I have seen a lot of connection between Crohns (my cousin has it as well) and finding the measle virus in the intestine, so possibly a link bwteen that and the vax. I have seen it more than just Wakefield as well.

November 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
Veteran
Wow-thanks for the comment. I just need someone to tell me what I am doing is ok. The peds always make it sound like you are risking your child's life.

Both times we had the measles we stayed home and rested until we were better. Neither time we were hospitalized. We were not babies though either. We were 4 (after the second buster).

Have you ever done any breastfeeding education? I did lactation training in a former job and I learned that in the colostrum mom passes on antibody's to every disease she has ever had. So essentially since I had the measles my baby would get better resistance from nursing than a vaccine anyway...right? IDK.

I also think it is good to get these disease as a child like the chicken pox (I had them) but now nobody has them anymore so how would your child even get them as a child? I know they are horrible as an adult.

I honestly don't believe in any vaccines but like any mom I don't want my child to get sick so I second guess myself.
November 23rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
yeah, it comes to down to "****** if you do, ****** if you don't"

I have researched it and it was one of the reasons i nursed for so long.

that was D A M N E D up there

November 24th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran
I love that. You are right. Blank if you do and blank if you don't.
November 25th, 2013, 03:28 AM

December 4th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
I just kept ds1 home from school when he had pertussis and treated it the same way I would the flu because it wasn't bad enough to warrant a doctor bill we couldn't afford. It took a long time for him to get better and whoever it was that parents were supposed to call when their kid was sick sounded kind of nasty on the phone towards the end, but he still graduated on time and his grades were good enough for the Army.

He's vaxed, but it didn't work.

My girls both had convulsions from the live pertussis vaccine that CDC recommended in the late '80s, so my ped refused to give it to ds1 but agreed to the "experimental Japanese vax" that is standard now because I was so stressed out about someone accusing me of "medical neglect" for not vaxing.

Yep, bleeped if you do, bleeped if you don't and somebody's going to get angry at you if you talk about it.

What you're doing is okay, Sassalota, and there are plenty of other parents out there who are doing the same thing. You might have better luck with a family practitioner than a pediatrician and naturopaths can handle a lot of well child care if you can afford one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search