Pregnant for the 1st time over 35

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I am 35 y.o. and 4 weeks, 6 days (according to my Iphone app anyway!) I havent been to the doctor yet. I'll find out Monday.
June 19th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Deleted
I am 38 years old. This will be my first child and I am thrilled. It was unexpected but I feel so fortunate as I know how difficult it can be to concieve. I am 9 weeks and 5 days along.
July 2nd, 2010, 06:43 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 37 and will be 38 when he arrives.

July 5th, 2010, 07:21 PM
ChristinaL's Avatar Hovel Princess :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpanama View Post
Im 36 and Im 5 weeks pregnant. Anyone else here in New York? with a February Due date?
I was a New Yorker til I moved to PA 3 years ago & my little guy was born in Feb 2009.
July 14th, 2010, 04:02 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I am 40 and this is my 1 st time. Out baby is due in March of 2011. I will be 41 when the baby is born. My husband is 38 and will be 39. We are almost 6 weeks pregnant. We are just hoping that everything goes well with the baby.
July 14th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceygirlPa View Post
I am 40 and this is my 1 st time. Out baby is due in March of 2011. I will be 41 when the baby is born. My husband is 38 and will be 39. We are almost 6 weeks pregnant. We are just hoping that everything goes well with the baby.
Congratulations StaceygirlPA! I hope your first 6 weeks have been smooth sailing Wishing you a happy pregnancy!
July 28th, 2010, 07:30 PM
momma2011's Avatar Shannon
Send a message via AIM to momma2011
I am 37 and pregnant with number one. I had resigned myself to a childfree life after several years of infertility and another 10 of not trying but definitely not preventing. I am in a new relationship and it happened right away. We are both super happy, although I am scared to death still! I just hit the second trimester this week, so I am starting to relax.

Thanks to Graysmama for my pretty siggy!

August 21st, 2010, 07:02 PM
Bump this up to find someone who is over 35 with 1st. I'm 37 and this is my first. I'm still little over 6 weeks and feeling lonely. We tried for 7 years so we are not planning to tell anyone until we can't hide anymore Anyone out there??
August 22nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
Regular
Hi. I haven't been on these boards for a year a half. After 2.5 years of trying and 2 miscarriages I'm 35 (this Oct.) and expecting our first. We're due in February. I'm glad I'm not the only AMA mom!! You all should know what that means! The Dr. office makes me feel so old!! I didn't ask for my 1st to be at 35, God had other plans I guess! They keep throwing statistics and numbers at me and I'm already scared enough!

After 2 1/2 years of trying & 2 miscarriages, all it took to get pregnant was to buy a house and stop trying! Looks like the 3rd time is the charm!

February 2, 2011

August 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBones2Be View Post
Hi. I haven't been on these boards for a year a half. After 2.5 years of trying and 2 miscarriages I'm 35 (this Oct.) and expecting our first. We're due in February. I'm glad I'm not the only AMA mom!! You all should know what that means! The Dr. office makes me feel so old!! I didn't ask for my 1st to be at 35, God had other plans I guess! They keep throwing statistics and numbers at me and I'm already scared enough!
I know how you feel! There is very young girl (appear to be 21 or 22??) in my office and she is pregnant with #2. She doesn't know how old I am (37) but she knows I am nervous about this pregnancy. She said "don't worry hone, it's not big deal" and she treats me like little girl! No, I'm not upset but I feel little shy around powerful young super mom
August 26th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Regular
Blackberrry - she's not a supermom, just young & nieve! i wish you all the luck!

After 2 1/2 years of trying & 2 miscarriages, all it took to get pregnant was to buy a house and stop trying! Looks like the 3rd time is the charm!

February 2, 2011

September 9th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Isn't it exciting!!! I started everything "late" and wouldn't change a thing. I got married at 35, first son was born at 36 and now I am pregnant with our second child due in February. Feelin' great!!! First pregnancy went smoothly (even delivery) and this one I expect to be very much the same. CONGRATS to all you mommies over 35 and rockin!!! I think it's awesome
September 9th, 2010, 09:57 AM
BabyBones2Be Don't be scared!!!!! As I said, had my first at 36...that was God's plan and it went beautifully. Those young girls in my Doctors office can't tell me nothing about loving MY baby they just started before I did--who cares. You will figure it out, don't worry. I didn't get any of those tests my first time around. Second baby, my Doctor and I never discussed testing because he already knew that I am healthy and delivered a healthy baby my first pregnancy (over 35) and wouldn't go for testing this time either. He said I didn't need to.
Blackberry, you have nothing to be shy or timid about. I would just sit and listen to them talk about their experiences. Don't be intimidated by anything. You are pregnant with your baby at this time for a reason. Be thankful; everything else is irrelevant
October 27th, 2010, 02:59 AM
WOW this is a great post! I'm 37 and i just had my first baby 4 months ago after 10 years of emotional roller coaster of trying to conceive. I guess god has other plans for me huh? lol - its great to know that miracles can happen after 35!
November 12th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Regular
I look at it this way, I fully enjoyed my twenties, but was with a guy who wouldn't commit to marriage. So, we had to end the relationship after almost 7 years together. Now, I am married and have a wonderful relationship with my husband, and am happier now than I was when I was 25. I am also more established in my career and life in general, which has allowed me to be very relaxed during my pregnancy.
December 8th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am 39 and pregnant with my first. 5 weeks tomorrow, actually. I am very excited. There is so much negative information out there (I understand that there are risks), so it is nice to see so many others who are in my age group and doing this for the first time. I do not feel my age, but I still have fears.

Congratulations to all of you!
January 28th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I'm 36 and this is my first pregnancy too. I'm a little over 5 weeks and with an estimated due date of mid september--- (according to the online pregnancy calculator). Most of my friends have school age children and here I am with my first. Reading all the stuff online with the risks for women over 35 make it so stressful... but I think I'm pretty healthy so I don't want to worry. I'm dying to tell someone so I can talk about it but haven't told anyone yet since it's customary to wait at least til the end of the first trimester. I'm so glad to see that there are many women who have had children later and they are healthy!!
February 3rd, 2011, 11:17 AM
I will be 38 when I have my twins. Am pregnant for the first time too. My husband has ideas of going for a total of 4 and am not sure that is going happen. There are so many concerns to consider and I would be closer to 40 if that ever happened. I tell him, let's get through this round first and discuss other opportunities much later!

Oh, I forgot to mention, does anyone else expect twins who live in the bklyn NY area?
February 18th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 39, will be 40 in April. (How did that happen??) Baby is due in August, so I'm almost always on the August DDC boards. I'm so glad I'm not the only one in this age group!!

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
March 11th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 37 and pregnant with my 1st! Never thought I'd be pregnant, I am due in August.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search