Im feeling over 35..

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2010, 05:48 PM
Chrissyb5's Avatar Super Mommy
HI!! I lurk here a bit. Im in the NOV DDC. IM 37 due w/my 3rd surprise. have 1dd whos 9 & a ds whos 7. This pregnancy was a surprise & blessing of course. I was shocked when I went to the Dr. & was treated differently due to my age & all the xtra tests they encourage.. due to my advanced maternal age.. but now @30 weeks.. I FEEL it!!! my pre-preg weight was 125 & Im 5ft 4.. now I hit 160!! as I did w/my 1st 2? dont know how? why?? anyway.. but this pregnancy- im soo tired cant walk for long or fast & this Northeast Heat is killing me.. its soo frustrating!! hate to say the dr was right... but I might be agreeing.. everybody is different.. but can anyone else relate?? age may be more than a #?
September 1st, 2010, 11:19 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I had my last one at 35 and did all the tests. This time the Dcotr was like we'll test if you have soft markers.

Last time only year ago i was spry right up to the very end and this time I am bone dog tired and can hardly catch my almost two year old let alone wrangle her. I am feeling my age too!

I am so happy adn excited to be having this baby though!
September 1st, 2010, 04:10 PM
PreciousBunz's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm 41 and also in the Northeast. I've been hybernating in my house these past few days. ugh!!

I'm pregnant with my 4th. I had my older two dc when I was much younger and had Sarah ( 2y/o) at 39. I felt great with her, but I could sleep as much as I wanted and rest. It was like starting all over for me. With this pregnancy I'm feeling it much more. I'm not sure if it's my age or the fact that I can't sleep and rest when I want. Although...truth-be-told, My dd takes a 2-3 hour nap every day and I nap with her. So I guess it's just my age.

Oh and all those tests are over-kill IMHO. They tried that with me and I ended up going to a MW and having a home birth. They just have to cover their butts. They don't care if they scare you or inconvenience you. it's all about covering themselves. If you don't have any pre-existing conditions that could add problems, then you can start to say, "No" to some of their tests. I remember when I got pregnant with Sarah, they wanted to send me for a sonogram every 4 weeks...I was like...NO WAY!!
September 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Veteran
I'm 41 and due any day with #4, also a surprise. My doctor has been great, no extra tests or non-stress tests, and everything has gone fine. I'm ridiculously uncomfortable at this point-- but I really don't remember how it was at the end with the others! Maybe I was just as miserable. In any case, I'm not sure whether it's age or just life-- older kids are more active and need to be taken to school, baseball, dance, scouts... never ending activities that wear me out! I didn't have to deal with that when the first three were born.
September 9th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Smile. I'm 38, pregnant with baby number 2. I have moments of being tired but it's because I'm always running around doing something. I work a full-time job and come home, cook dinner, feed and bathe my son and do some cleaning around the house etc, etc. I do know you have to get adequate rest and DRINK PLENTY OF WATER and eat properly!!! I don't think we can blame it all on age. Some young girls (10 years younger than me) can't even do what I do while pregnant because they are more tired and feeling worse than I ever have. I found that exercising to the point of sweating gives me great energy. Maybe I sound crazy but I was doing yard work one afternoon and I felt amazing. Now I try and take regular walks with my son just to stay fit and active. I also listen to my body, if I have to relax and sit down I do. P.S. I live in MD; with this heat PLEASE don't even try to walk fast. :-) The air quality has been smothering to say the least.
September 9th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Ilovbnamomx3's Avatar Mommy to 4 boys
Hi there! I'm in due date Dec/Nov too! I'm 37 and pregnant with my 4th child. (have a set of twins). I am 27 weeks 4 days and miserable as can be. I do not remember it being this bad at 25!!! This baby is a huge surprise as he has a 17 1/2 year old and my boys are 13 1/2 and 12, 12! What am I going to do... it's boy #5!
September 10th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Deleted
I am 38 and pregnant with my first child so I have no idea if this is just how I am as a pregnant woman or not but this has been HARD!

I was pre-pregnancy 106 pounds and already I am 130 at 23 weeks. I have placental arterial notching and restriction on ANY kind of exercise it's killing me. I feel super sore and creaky and can't imagine how all of you with additional kids do it.

You guys are rockstars!
September 18th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Veteran
I just wanted to check in here again because I had my baby this week. 4th baby-- my biggest baby at 9 lbs 3 oz-- and the best delivery of all four!! It went so well and I am feeling GREAT now, four days after delivery.

Y'all can do it!!!
September 19th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Veteran
Great to hear especially the words biggest and best! This will be my second and my first really wasn't that bad. We will see!
September 26th, 2010, 07:21 AM
ballmom's Avatar Regular
Count me in! I am currently 36 (will be 37 when the baby comes) and only 13 wks along and I am feeling the age. I never felt this tired with the other 2, but seeing as it was 9 yrs ago since my last one, I guess time has caught up. I make sure to stretch out as soon as I feel tired but I am terrible at drinking extra water. I guess I need to work on that more!
September 27th, 2010, 11:42 PM
metanelukka's Avatar Super Mommy
At 36 I honestly feel better with this little guy than I did with the two girls at 20 and 24. I am afraid that in the last 3 months that is going to be out the window.

Anthony Jacquin 12/15/10 5lbs 10oz 19.75 inches
September 28th, 2010, 12:15 PM
dldavenport002's Avatar Super Mommy
41 yrs. old here and definitely feeling my age. My youngest is 8 and wow what a difference 8 yrs makes! Im a lot more tired and uncomfortable than I remember being with my other 3. I'm also in the northeast and the heat makes me feel 100 times worse so it's been wonderful with the cooler whether this past week.

~Dani
September 29th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Minilegs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 35 and this pregnancy has knocked me on my butt! I had my daughter at 31 and had an uneventful pregnancy until the last month and then everything went haywire up to her birth. I got pregnant again but, lost it in March. I only really had heartburn there.

This pregnancy has me utterly exhausted, eating weird, my allergies feel worse, and I feel completely worthless often. Ugh.
September 29th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Super Mommy
I am 37 as well and feelign it with this pregnancy. I was 33 when I delivered my son and even with just four years the difference is huge. I have less, energy (taking care of a toddler doesn't help), am less active, have more aches and pains and have gained the same amount of weight by 28 weeks as I did at 38 weeks when I had my son. Feel huge, tired and old.
September 30th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Mommy3tx
Hello everyone. I'm new to the group. I'm 37 and about 14 weeks along. It's been 10 years since my last pregnancy and I must say this one is kicking my butt. I'm exhausted beyond belief, headaches, muscles aches and allergies. I haven't gained any weight as of yet but then I'm a big girl anyhow.

My doctor told me to expect this pregnancy to be harder than the other two. I'm very happy though and moving along nicely. We elected not to have any screenings done since we would not terminate the pregnancy if anything came back with bad results.

Anyhow, due date is April 2 and I'm counting down the days!
October 27th, 2010, 02:51 AM
i'm new here and i just wanted to say that im 37 and i just had my first baby 4 months ago after 10 long years of emotional roller coaster of trying to conceive. I feel much stronger now than when i was in my 20's! Maybe its due to the huge miracle shock that im FINALLY a mom, i dont know but i feel like i'm ontop of the world. Perhaps my organic diet and daily yoga contributes to the increase of energy.
January 21st, 2011, 01:24 PM
I am pregnant with my first and will deliver when I am 35. In two weeks I go for the second round of blood work for Downs. I'm really nervous.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search