Worried about pg possibility....my babies would be 17 months apart

Forum: Pregnancy Over 35

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Over 35 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2010, 12:15 AM
sweets's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi all,

I had a baby in April 2010. She was my first and she is now 8.5 months old. She was a preemie (born at 28 weeks) but she is doing great and she is an absolute joy

Well my DH have been using condoms for birth control. In October we weren't as safe as we should be and I thought I might be pg, but I wasn't.

Two weeks ago we ended up doing the same thing (withdrawal, which I know is not effective). My AF had been somewhat irregular since starting in August (coming in 4 weeks then 5 weeks then 4.5 weeks). My last AF was Nov. 23 and now I am still waiting.

So I have been having some symptoms (cramps, nausea, breast shooting pains) and AF has not come. I am starting to think I could be pg again.

If so, the baby would come around the beginning of September. The babies would be 17 months apart and it seems so close.

Do any of you ladies over 35 have babies close in age? Or, if you are having your first, how long will you wait before you try for #2?

I am always a responsible person so I don't know why DH and I tried to roll the dice those two times. I know I do want another baby, I was just kind of thinking it would be better to have the baby in 2012 so they are two years apart.

----------------------------------------
Kylie (37), DH (35) Married since September 5, 2009
DD Chloe born at 28 weeks on April 10, 2010.

Last edited by sweets; December 25th, 2010 at 12:29 AM.
December 24th, 2010, 07:17 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My older 2 boys are 16 months apart in age and the best of friends! They used to fight when they were little but in the past 10 years or so they are so close. Almost like twins. If you are pregnant again, Congratulations!!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 24th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, I don't have any advice. My closest 2 are 2yrs apart. I know women who have babies a little over a yr apart and it's hard for them, but good in that the babies are going through growing together. I hope things work out the way you want.

My Ovulation Chart
December 25th, 2010, 12:31 AM
I tested this AM and it was negative. I'll keep you posted

December 25th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well Chloe is a cutie! My first 2 are 18 months apart and my first was born at 30 weeks. My second was full term. That was 7 yrs ago. Just this past August I spent the whole month in the hospital and my third came 4 weeks early. Like they say every PG is different.

December 26th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks, Pupcake. How did you find parenting two little ones 18 months apart? I am freaked out.

It is Sunday night and no AF yet. I still feel crampy so I am hoping AF is coming. I am kind of worried about getting put on bedrest or going into the hospital early....we live in a small town an hour and a half away from the city I would deliver in. It would be nicer if my Chloe was a bit older.

I guess we will see. I will continue to keep you guys posted. If the baby (whenever we have it) is a boy we are naming him Cole (Pupcake I noticed your son's name)....not sure on a girl's name yet. I suggested Fiona, Delia and Sophie but my husband says no to all of them. lol.

January 12th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Veteran
Hey!! I had my first 2/15/10 & I'm due w/ #2 6/23/11. They'll be 16 months apart. I was super freaked out at first but am really excited now. I just keep reminding myself that I'm not the first person to have kids close together in age, you know? I'm sure it will be crazy at first but in time we'll settle into a routine. GL to you!
January 16th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Well AF arrived on January 4th so I am not pregnant. I am relieved!!

Good luck to everyone on this board and having babies close together.

I look forward to TTC in 2012!

January 19th, 2011, 07:36 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessietex View Post
Hey!! I had my first 2/15/10 & I'm due w/ #2 6/23/11. They'll be 16 months apart. I was super freaked out at first but am really excited now. I just keep reminding myself that I'm not the first person to have kids close together in age, you know? I'm sure it will be crazy at first but in time we'll settle into a routine. GL to you!
You will totally love it later on! My oldest was born 2/6 and middle son 6/27!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search